Bank of the Philippine Islands  » Finance  »
Manila, Philippines
  • I haven't tried other services of BPI but I think they are offering more aside from the ones I have mentioned
  • Everything is so convenient when you can do internet, mobile and ATM banking, as well as bill payments and fund transfer
  • I recommended it to my parents and friends and I am quite sure that I can confidently recommend this bank to others

• by lipsticknladdles

Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) has been my trusted bank when I was still a teenager saving money by the hundreds. When I finished college and was able to find a good job, I still depend on this bank when it comes to saving money. I asked my parents to open an account with BPI and they did. Well, it was a little harder to open an account in this bank because, if I remember right, they require three valid identification cards. It is worth it though because there are many conveniently located BPI automatic teller machines (ATMs) all over the Philippines, and not to mention, they also lots have the physical bank offices and an efficient 24/7 costumer service thru dialing 89-100 on your local phones.

Years a go when I migrated to United States I did not close my BPI account because I have seen the conveniences I will

be getting by maintaining the said account. BPI has the online services that I want. First, they have an online service that anyone with a personal computer or laptop and internet connection can access. You just have to create an account by going to www.

bpiexpressonline. com. Second, BPI is affiliated with many money transfer companies thus sending money to my parents are easy, secured and can be done at the comfort of my own home. I used XOOM money transfers and I never had any headache with the way BPI and XOOM serves my needs.

All my transaction with them are in time, secure and easy. Third, I still look after the expenses of my family in the Philippines. Through the help of BPI services, I am able to pay the monthly electricity bills, telephone bills and water bills smoothly and without fuss. MY parents don’t have to get out of the house ...

• to wait in long lines in payment centers.

I also load my siblings prepaid phones when I wish to do so without the hassle of card scratching or going to reloading stations. Everything is at my fingertips. I can also monitor everything because confirmations are sent to me by an email and whenever I wish to see the expenses, everything is recorded in my online account portfolio. I had never experienced any doubtful transactions with BPI.

All my dealings with them are successfully completed in the most secure manner. There was one instance when my wallet was stolen, my BPI ATM card was there. I called them and it was automatically cancelled for use. I went to the nearest office and my card was replaced.

I was also asked to put on a different PIN for more security. In a few days, I was able to enjoy back all the privilege of

my new ATM card without worrying about the old one. I haven’t tried other services of BPI but I think they are offering more aside from the ones I have mentioned. They have the credit and debit cards, insurance services, asset managements, corporate payrolls, e-commerce and even e-shopping.

They even have the BPI Trade. I think, they also launched mobile phone banking now. Everything is so convenient when you can do internet, mobile and ATM banking, as well as bill payments and fund transfer. With all this in one bank, there is nothing you can ask for.

Every branch though has different customer service. With the Tayuman Branch, I must say that the tellers, banking officers and even the security guards are polite and friendly. I am happy and contented with this bank. I recommended it to my parents and friends and I am quite sure that I can confidently recommend this bank to others.

Bank of the Philippine Islands
    darleene a. dublois says :

i would like to know about how to open an atm debit card account in bpi, what are the requirements, how much is the maintaning balance, and what kind of atm card can i use inside and outside the philippines. please reply me back as soon as possible. thank you

Galega says :

Hi,,

Visit your nearest BPI branch to open an account. All you need to do is to fill up the form, submit the required documents, photographs and your account will be opened. You can also open an account online. Fill up the online form. An executive will contact you to verify your documents as well as residence and your account will be opened.

Remember, the ID proof you will submit must have a photograph (photo bearing ID proof).

You will get BPI Direct ATM card which can be used inside and outside the Philippines. Outside Philippines transactions may attract fee (you can get the details on this number 89-100).

lipsticknladdles replies :

If I am not mistaken, if you have a savings checking account with BPI, your ATM express teller card serves as your debit card as well. According to their website, there is no enrollment required. Just use your ATM card when shopping in establishments that accept their Express Payment System. All your spending will be visible in your next bank statement. As for the savings account, I completely forgot how much is needed to open one and the maintaining balance too. If you are in the Philippines now, you can call 89-1000 for more information. I am not sure of you can use your BPI card internationally. All I know is that even if I am outside Philippines, I can access my account, do money transfers, pay bills thru BPI express banking online. You can learn more about the bank thru calling 89-1000 and try to visit their webiste too at bpi.com.ph. I am not so sure if the info I know are still up to date since I opened my account years ago. I hope I was able to answer some of your queries.

marie grace tomaS says :

good day may I ask the following swift code routing number Robinson`s pioneer branch, mandaluyong city. thanks

Galega says :

Hi,

the Branch Code of BPI Mandaluyong City Pioneer branch is 189.

For swift code, please make a call to 89-100 and ask about it. You will be required to give them the branch code.

lipsticknladdles replies :

hi ms mary grace, I am so sorry but i am totally clueless aboutthe swift code routing number for Robinsons Pioneer. If this is related to Bank of Philippine Islands, you may want to contact their customer service hotline, 89-1000. Or visit their website…thats just where i get the info i need. I hope you find the answer to your queries. I am sorry I cant be of further help.

Jo-ann says :

I just want to know if i can open an atm even if i only have 1 id school id and aside from that, im only 17 years old.

MEV says :

Hi Jo-ann,

Yes you can. Actually, they have a program that is suitable for students. Easy Saver, where you can open an account for 200 pesos only with no maintaining balance required.

I hope this help Jo-ann )

Alex says :

The guard and management of BPI Heart Center are rude and inconsiderate of its clients. I parked my car to withdraw in the ATM at around 5:30pm today (March 21, 2013). I tried to withdraw in the ATM and seeing that there is a long line, I told the guard that I’ll just buy food from a nearby stall for my 3 children who were with me. The guard and manager told me to leave and park somewhere else. Wow great customer service. No wonder you are no longer number 1.

horizon says :

How does it take to transfer funds from US to PHP to BPI Family Savings?

carmie26 says :

Hi horizon,

It depends on the remmitting bank or in the manner you send your funds. With my experience, if you are going to send funds to your BPI account thru paypal, it usually takes 2 to 4 business days.

But if you send funds thru bank to bank transaction using SWIFT system, it should be real-time or available the same day. But usually, banks will say that the funds will be readily available 2 to 3 banking days.

luna says :

the xoom is asking for a routing no. for bpi. Does anyone know about that one?

John says :

For BPI the routing is 021000021. It’s the same for all BPI accounts.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 422910502640431/k2311a1029/10.29.08