Miller’s Big Red Orchard  » Travel  »
Washington,Michigan
  • As for my personal experience, on our way there I did not get bored at all
  • I love seeing the sight of smaller orchards and houses of different styles and architecture
  • We enjoyed the walk, we savor the sun, we laughed and joke around as we pick our apples
  • Miller's Big Red Orchard have earned a well-deserved reputation for fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as for delicious homemade treats that keeps locals and tourist alike coming back for more
  • I bought zucchini, cheddar cauli flower, a huge watermelon and some bellpeppers and spent just seven bucks, tax included

• by lipsticknladdles

It is officially FALL! This weekend, we bid summer goodbye and welcome fall thru the ever famous autumn activity APPLE PICKING! There are no available “pick your own” orchard in our area so we drove several miles to see Miller’s Big Red Orchard. It is a family owned business that has a lot to offer. It is located 32 Mile Road Washington, Michigan, which is just approximately 60 miles away from Downtown Detroit. It is accessible via freeways so it does not take long to drive there. As for my personal experience, on our way there I did not get bored at all.

I love seeing the sight of smaller orchards and houses of different styles and architecture. All are equally charming in their own little ways. I didn’t notice the time and before I knew it, we were at Miller’s Big Red Orchard. It is lovely in there.

It is very welcoming and even at the entrance you will know that it’s a fun place to be. There

are a lot of parking spaces available I guess that depends on how many visitors came on that specific time and date. Lucky us, we find a good space for our car. We just do the pick your own apple thing and paid $19 for a huge plastic to be filled with apples.

After paying at the counter, we waited a few minutes for the hay ride to bring us to the apple orchard. It took us just a couple of minutes to reach the orchard. When the hay ride stopped all the guest went on their ways to pick up the apples. Seeing all the apple trees boastfully blooming with lots and lots of apple s is truly a wonderful experience.

What can be more romantic than being with the love of your life while your senses feast at the warm rays of sunshine, apple scented wind blowing in your face and the sight of apples in different colors and sizes. My husband and I took pictures on almost every apple ...

• trees in the area. It took as two and a half hours to fill our bag because we took our time. We enjoyed the walk, we savor the sun, we laughed and joke around as we pick our apples.

Sad to end the experience, we climbed back the truck and bid goodbye to the orchard. But the Miller experience doesn’t end there. We were brought to the pumpkin store where pumpkins of different sizes are displayed. I just love the bright orange colors that screams out “Autumn”.

There were also cute scarecrows in that store. We walked some more and we came across the Vegetable Store. Miller’s Big Red Orchard have earned a well-deserved reputation for fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as for delicious homemade treats that keeps locals and tourist alike coming back for more. I bought zucchini, cheddar cauli flower, a huge watermelon and some bellpeppers and spent just seven bucks, tax included! We ended our day at Miller’s by dropping by their store that sells pies made

fresh from scratch, freshly made breads, Caramel Apples, a wide variety of jam and jellies and much more.

I can say that my experience at Miller’s Big Red Orchard was worth the fuel and the time. We might come back for more because aside from the “pick ur own”, the Orchard offers other activities such as attractions of corn maze, straw mountain, hay rides and straw jump. They also offer tour packages that is very informative, educational and fun-filled, a great activity for field trips, birthdays and even family reunions. The next time we go there, we might check out their petting farm with roosters and goats and greenhouse of annuals, perennials and vegetable plants.

We also like be a part of their Halloween event where they transform the orchard into a foggy playground filled with monsters. For just $14 for adult and $10 for kids, I am quite sure it’s a fun yet different way to celebrate Halloween. With all that’s been said, need I say more? People in the area should check this place out!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382910502560431/k2311a1029/10.29.08