1942: Joint Strike
  • It was really a simplistic game that I enjoyed back in my younger days
  • For your information, I bought the 360 version of it instead
  • The experience was magnificant in every way possible
  • Joint Strike has a co-op mode like the previous version I believe
  • There're also the online mode that I love to try but I haven't got my hands on the xbox live package though

• by BARRY

Back in the old school days, I remembered how lousy I was at the “1942″. It was really a simplistic game that I enjoyed back in my younger days. I used to hate getting hit by the enemy and keep losing all the time. This capcom game is really a classic in all my life.

Now, 1942 returns with a real makeover situation known as 1942: Joint Strike. The same old vertical side scrolling game you would expect. It’s just in really detailed 3D format for both the Playstation 3 and the XBOX 360. For your information, I bought the 360 version of it instead.

The beautifully crisp and clean 3D detail of the game really attracted me. It really threw me the question

of how much difference was there in video games graphic nowadays. I loved the realistic explosions of the ships and planes that I blew up with my plane. All the retro days just keep coming into my mind, imagine yourself playing the good ole retro 1942 in HD visuals and sound. The experience was magnificant in every way possible. Though I do not have a really good HD TV and Hi Fi, the experience was anytime better than the old classic I guess.

The usual stuff like the bomb systems and all are back too. The sad thing about the game play experience was that it would always be a short one for me. I completed the game in under an hour on ...

• normal mode. It felt kind of short, but it was all expected in my point of view. These kind of games would never be too long in any way.

Joint Strike has a co-op mode like the previous version I believe. I only remembered playing by myself most of the time though. There’s the co-op mode that I have yet to try. There’re also the online mode that I love to try but I haven’t got my hands on the xbox live package though. It was kind of discouraging. I would love to have the experience of playing with someone together and completing it too. This shooter game will give you satisfaction everytime you complete it. The central focus on this game

will be the multiplayer I guess

There’re not much bad points over the game other than how short it is actually. It generally gets worn down after a period of time. I got pretty sick playing the game over and over again, defeating the same enemies everytime. I changed the difficulty over time too. I feel this game would have been suitable in the arcade as well, people can just enjoy a good wholesome “Joint Strike” experience.

This game in general is a pretty good game to kill time with. I loved all the fun aspects of the game. The main experience in this game will be the co-op one I guess. In all, I thought it deserved a 8/10 for a good 1 hour experience

1942: Joint Strike

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282910502210431/k2311a1029/10.29.08