Clarion hotel San Jose airport  » Hotels  »
2.0
1355 N 4th st San Jose CA 95112
  • Unfortunately I believe this hotel is in a bad location unless you want to stay close to the airport
  • We were very disappointed with this and had to go several miles down the highway for food
  • Checking in was slow and the person at the front desk could not recommend anywhere to eat, as they didn't seem very knowledgeable about the surrounding area

• by Dan W.

The Clarion Hotel San Jose airport is overall an average value hotel with an attractive pool and layout. Unfortunately I believe this hotel is in a bad location unless you want to stay close to the airport. There are virtually no restaurants or attractions in the surrounding area except the on-site restaurant which happened to be closed on the Sunday night we arrived. We were very disappointed with this and had

to go several miles down the highway for food.

Checking in was slow and the person at the front desk could not recommend anywhere to eat, as they didn’t seem very knowledgeable about the surrounding area.

The rooms are Ok, (nothing to shout about) with the usual amenities such as a work desk, Internet connection, TV, etc. The bathroom was adequate and in good condition no issues here.

• The only issue we had was that the room key would not work consistently it took two or three times to get it to work. This was annoying as every time someone tried to get into the room they would have to play dosie-do with the key or pound on the door to have someone let them in. Not a good security feature I’d say.

Other features this hotel had

is outside in the middle of the courtyard there is a pool and hot tub which I made use of the following morning. They also had a fitness room but I did not get a chance to see it as we had to leave early the next morning.

Overall I would rate this hotel about a 4 due to the poor location and restaurant availability, knowledge of the staff and non-functioning room keys.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22910501650331/k2311a1029/10.29.08