Back Support by Sunex  » Health  »
1.0
  • Often the sizings are all wrong and if you find a product made in China that says one size fits all ask to try the product on first before you buy it

• by Virinia Downham

My husband bought a back support band recently from Chickenfeed at Sorell in Tasmania. On the packet there is a photograph of a man wearing the black back support band. The packet clearly states that one size fits all and this claim is restated at the bottom of the packet in green highlights.

The packet says that the double velcro closure allows for a wide range of adjustable compressions. The

box further claims that the band will retain body heat for constant moist heat to the entire lower back muscle group.

There is a cartoon picture of a woman also wearing the band so the band can be worn by men and women. The band has a blue and white health care sign and there is a caution on the back to consult your physician before engaging in any exercise program.

I was concerned when I saw the product because it was made in China and my concerns were justified. When my husband tried to put the back brace on the back brace wouldn’t fit him at all.

My husband is five foot ten and he weighs fifteen stone. He is not a massive man by any means so if he couldn’t fit the back support there would be no way I’d ...

• Back Support by Sunex
      ever fit in to it.

The claims that one size fits all is clearly inaccurate. It would only fit a very small sized person.

This is not the first time my husband and I have had trouble with Chinese products. Often the sizings are all wrong and if you find a product made in China that says one size fits all ask to try the product on first before you buy

it.

My husband paid $9. 99 AUS.

This is cheap but as neither my husband or myself could fit the back support it turned out to be a big time waster as I had to drive all the way back to Chickenfeed to return the product. That cost me petrol for nothing.

So do yourself a favor if you see a back support by sunex don’t buy it unless you are very petite.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342910501510331/k2311a1029/10.29.08