University of the Philippines Los Banos (UPLB)  » Education  »
Los Banos Laguna, Philippines
  • These statistics simply show that education in UP is by far the best and of the highest quality
  • If I were to talk about the things I love about my school, it would take me a day

• by divinagwapa

I am a centennial graduate from one of the most prestigious school in the Philippines with a Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science and Technology. I am proud to say that I am a certified scholar of and for the country.

In the Philippines, only 2% of all the graduates across the country came from UP System but 50% of leaders in the government and other aspects of society came from that 2%. These statistics simply show that education in UP is by far the best and of the highest quality.

If I were to talk about the things I love about my school, it would take

me a day. But allow me to share with you some of them. First and foremost, let me brag about my teachers. Most of them are undeniably brilliant because UP only hires teachers who are graduates of UP with honors. They are intelligent, aggressive in a good way and they teach beyond the theories and principles. They go the extra mile and help us learn the practical side of everything. Each of them make themselves available so students can consult with lessons they are having a hard time with. They were not only teachers but some of them became good friends especially that they know ...

• what it means to be a UP student.

I also fell in love with the school’s location the moment I stepped in inside the campus. At first, you will get lost. But when you get around to it, you can close your eyes and still find your way. Most of the people just walk from building to building which is a good exercise habit for every student. There are trees all over the place, a mountain nearby and hot springs as well. They say your stay in UPLB will not be complete without a 5-hour hike at Mt. Makiling. It’s not just a school but a

second home.

We cannot forget about UP’s curriculum as well. It is one of the most competitive. It is designed in such a way that will provide a well rounded training ground for UP students. We have General Education (GE) courses like Speech Communication, History, Political Science and the like. UP students are trained to be leaders in every area. The lessons we need to learn are not spoon fed to us but we need to figure it out which develops the analytical aspect of the brain.

The list could go on and on but the bottom line is University of the Philippines Los Baños is simply the best.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502910501460231/k2311a1029/10.29.08