Adventure Island for NES  » Games  »
  • The name of the game matches the play of the game, as I enjoyed collecting a wide variety of fruit that seemed to magically appear in front of me as I played through the level
  • The fruit quenched my hunger for an interesting game, as each one contributes to an energy meter which can't drop to zero, or you die
  • Some fruit provides more, some less, and there are even hearts to help in case the taste of fruit gets boring
  • The biggest problem I have with this game, and a lot of NES games, is the lack of continues and extra lives
  • The game is fun in that they set creative traps for you--not that I enjoy dying, but at least it's a good way of dying--such as when you're riding a skateboard, hit a rock, and bounce into a fire (and the fire death is comical too)

• by ReviewDragon

The name of the game matches the play of the game, as I enjoyed collecting a wide variety of fruit that seemed to magically appear in front of me as I played through the level. The fruit quenched my hunger for an interesting game, as each one contributes to an energy meter which can’t drop to zero, or you die. Some

fruit provides more, some less, and there are even hearts to help in case the taste of fruit gets boring.

The biggest problem I have with this game, and a lot of NES games, is the lack of continues and extra lives. To the games credit, they did start me in a later spot in the game as I progressed, but after three lives, I start at the beginning. While it’s fun to fly through the level now that I’ve played it 25 times already, it’s frustrating when I die on an easy level, giving me less lives for the hard levels where I really need them.

Another problem is that I can’t run and jump at the same time. I got used to ...

• Adventure Island for NES
      not being able to as the game progressed, but at first I was accidentally running off cliffs because I didn’t release the run button, or I forgot that I had to stop before running, and so would overestimate how far I could jump.

The game is fun in that they set creative traps for you–not that I enjoy dying, but at least

it’s a good way of dying–such as when you’re riding a skateboard, hit a rock, and bounce into a fire (and the fire death is comical too.) There’s another instance when you’re riding a skateboard on moving clouds–which is just too strange and too deadly for me. This is good game worth playing, and if you’re good–or cheat–you might eventually beat it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282910501320231/k2311a1029/10.29.08