Bones by Fae Myenne Ng
  • I found this book very interesting because I am a Chinese American and I see me and my parents dealing with many of the same issues discussed in the book

• by Plam1984

Bones by Fae Myenne Ng is a touching book based on immigrants from China living in San Francisco’s Chinatown. The book touches upon many topics that immigrants living in America have to deal with including assimilation and conflicts between traditional Chinese parents and American values.

my parents dealing with many of the same issues discussed in the book.

The main theme of the book deals with a mysterious suicide of a daughter in the household discussed by Ng.

The suicide is the central theme of the book and each character is greatly affected by this event.

This book reveals events that lead up to the night ...

• of the suicide and everything that might have went wrong in this daughter’s life that has caused her to commit suicide.

I read Bones by Fae Myenne Ng as a homework assignment for an Asian American Studies course in college and was instantly able to relate to this book.

My own experiences are greatly mentioned in the book by the author, Ng.

I

have read this book many times and the author does a great job as describing the various relationships between the characters.

Ng gives the characters depth and makes you feel the emotions they’re experiencing in every scence.

This is one of my favorite Asian American titles since Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan.

This book is a must read for book lovers.

Esther0110 says :

what does ona`s death have something to do with the bone?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172810501210431/k2311a1028/10.28.08