Bavarian Bierhaus restaurant  » Restaurants  »
G66, The Curve, 6 Jalan PJU 7/3, Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
  • I've tried one German pork knuckle restaurant in Malaysia before this and I know German food is very pricey
  • There was one which tasted a little bit spicy and in my opinion, that was the best
  • The problem started when one of us said he was still hungry and ordered another pork knuckle - this time the crispy pork knuckle with garlic and mixed herbs
  • I would recommend people to go here provided they don't get too greedy like my friends and I

• by honest.guy

I went to this restaurant last month with a few friends. The restaurant is located in the shopping complex - The Curve in Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. The restaurant is famous for its German beer (bierhaus means beer house) and pork knuckles. And I’m a big fan of pork knuckles.

I’ve tried one German pork knuckle restaurant in Malaysia before this and I know German food is very pricey. But I still chose to go.

We ordered quite a lot of dishes - 2 starters, 1 pork knuckle (which is huge), 1 mixed sausages plate, and 1 pasta. The starters were

okay especially the one with the salmon. The other one was sort of like a bagel and sausage combination which didn’t taste as nice as the salmon dis.

The carbonara pasta, by the way, was quite nice. The mixed sausages contained all the sausages the restaurant has. There was one which tasted a little bit spicy and in my opinion, that was the best.

However, the main focus is the famous pork knuckles. We ordered the House Specialty Pork Knuckle (with sour cabbage and boiled potatoes). The pork knuckle tasted a bit sweet and a bit salty (with the sauce) but overall, it ...

• was very nice. I would give it a 4/5 score. It’s not too big since there were 6 of us. The sour cabbage also helped to take away the pork taste which was a little bit strong (as usual). The other good thing about this dish is that you won’t feel bored with it due to the sweet taste.

The problem started when one of us said he was still hungry and ordered another pork knuckle - this time the crispy pork knuckle with garlic and mixed herbs. It sounds very nice but it was a disaster. The pork knuckle was overcooked

and certain parts of the crispy skin were burnt. You can easily taste the bitterness due to the burnt garlic and herbs. And somehow, the size of this was huge, way larger than our first pork knuckle!

That was the turning point. We could not finish the second pork knuckle and gave up on the restaurant. To be fair, the first pork knuckle was good, very good. It was our fault for ordering the second one.

By the way, the German beers were very nice and smooth. I would recommend people to go here provided they don’t get too greedy like my friends and I.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72810500250231/k2311a1028/10.28.08