Furminator Dog Grooming Tool  » Pets  »
1.5
  • It seemed a bit too good to be true, but curiosity got the best of me and I ordered one off of the internet
  • When I got the package and opened it, I noticed that the Furminator was nothing more than a clipper blade attached to a plastic handle
  • The real disappointment is that clipper blades cost about $5 while the Furminator cost me nearly $30

• by iiartisanii

I’d heard a lot of good things about the Furminator grooming tool for removing the undercoat of shedding dogs and cats. It seemed a bit too good to be true, but curiosity got the best of me and I ordered one off of the internet. When I got the package and opened it, I noticed

that the Furminator was nothing more than a clipper blade attached to a plastic handle! Dog handlers and groomers have been using the back of clipper blades to hand-shed dog hair for years, so the concept wasn’t completely new to me. The real disappointment is that clipper blades cost about $5 while the Furminator cost ...

• me nearly $30. I have long coated animals, Bearded Collies and Persians, so I tried the Furminator on them. It did take out some of the undercoat, but the sharp blade also cut and broke off the dog’s outer guard hairs, leaving the Furminated area looking a little mangey. This tool is essentially a well-marketed
        stripping knife and while it might work great on dogs with shorter coats, if you have animals with flowing hair, this product will cause more harm than good. Regular brushing will reduce shedding just as well as a Furminator, so I say, save the $30 and use it toward buying a nice pin brush instead!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292810499910231/k2311a1028/10.28.08