Petco Self Service Dog Wash  » Pets  »
2.5
Participating Petco Store, USA
  • There are very few of these in my area, so I decided to load my dog, shampoo and brushes into the car and head over to the nearest Petco to try it out
  • I was told we had to do any grooming or drying IN the bathtub, which I was disappointed to find out

• by iiartisanii

I recently found out that Petco stores are now offering self-service dog washes at participating stores. There are very few of these in my area, so I decided to load my dog, shampoo and brushes into the car and head over to the nearest Petco to try it out.

You are given a raised dog tub in their grooming salon, as well as a force-air dryer.

The tub has a bar to secure your dog’s

leash and the water temperature can be raised or lowered.

They offered clean towels, ear cleaner, shampoo and conditioner for the self-serve wash, even though I had brought my own.

When the bath was over, I inquired as to whether we would be able to use a grooming table to dry off, as the tub was very deep and my dog quite large and squirmy.

I was told we had to do any grooming or ...

• drying IN the bathtub, which I was disappointed to find out.

The air-force dryer is VERY powerful, probably only good for a short or medium coated dog.

My dog has long flowing hair so the dry would too quickly mat up his coat.

I fluff dried with a towel for about 10 minutes and we paid our $10 and left.

Overall I was a little let down.

The only pro’s of using this service was

the raised dog tub, which is much easier on my back than leaning over my bathtub.

Con’s included only one dryer option, not good for my dog’s particular breed or coat type and the fact that we had to do all our grooming IN the bathtub with the deep sides.

I’d probably not use this service again, but if you had a breed with a less high-maintenance coat, Petco self-serve might be the way to go!

Art says :

For 10? Free shampoo clean towels high velocity dryer? What else do you want?

Maggie almashoe says :

I have been going to petCo in State College p.a. for several years.I had 2 shepherds and a cocker spaniel and bathed them each a few times a winter,it s always clean…not when I leave,I use their towels an shampoo dryer.My dogs really don’t mind and it s so much easier on my back I now have 1 shepherd and a large shep mix we are going today,thankyou petco for this convenience they also love the treats

quick note by anonymous :

Every time I go to Petco self grooming the people tell me different things on what they supply..A month ago they supplied everything..2 weeks ago they said they only supply shampoo. For ten dollars it is a good deal, but sometimes the tub is filled with dog hair and always a different story on supplies.

Tracy says :

I agree with you. I have gone into Petco and found the tub to be very dirty and actually smell bad. I think I will wash my puppy at home and save the money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292810499880131/k2311a1028/10.28.08