Specsavers - productioin line optician
2.5
118, Front Street, Arnold, Notts, UK
  • Racks of glasses, told which suited me (I disagreed),told about the special offer and the best way to use it
  • I really didn't think that people existed who actually consider it appropriate to rush through things at that speed
  • Rest of the experience, not good enough to persuade me to go back again

• by winstanley

I’ve been to a number of opticians over the years, some good, some not so good. I have no complaint about the actual eye examination I had today, but the system left me feeling like I’d been processed like a piece of meat.

To start, you are sent to sit in a waiting area tucked shabbily away at the back of the shop and the processing begins.

The glaucoma test was performed by a woman with a badge proclaiming her to be a new mwmbwr of the team (goodie, I’m being used for practice!) then I was passed on to the optician. As I said,the eye test was fine.

After the eye test it was back to the process. Racks of glasses, told which suited me (I disagreed),told about the special offer and the ...

• best way to use it…

They didn’t have the particular style I wanted.

Then on to the woman who did the paperwork and gabbled through the terms and conditions like a stereoptype off a 70s sitcom. I really didn’t think that people existed who actually consider it appropriate to rush through things at that speed. Am I a human being, to be talked to, or an object to

be gabbled at?

I think we know the answer to that.

In the car on the way home I realisied that the offer I had been advised to take was not the best one for me.

So - eye test 10/10.

Rest of the experience, not good enough to persuade me to go back again.

Sorry Specsavers, if you want my repeat business you have to treat me like a human not an animal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342810499860131/k2311a1028/10.28.08