Paxil  » Medicine  »
  • I found that there were little side effects, although I did take the medication at night so if drowsiness was one of them I did not notice
  • I would not recommend weening off of the medication after only a year though because after a while the depression might return, as it did with me

• by Aimee Man Truggal

Paxal, generic name Peroxitine, is used to treat depression as well as generalized anxiety disorder. The starting dosage is usually around 10 miligrams but can be raised if needed. This type of antipressant can be obtained through your primary care physician or a psychiatrist. As with most medications, it takes about 4 weeks in order for the

full effect to be felt by the person taking it.

I have taken this medication before with great success. I found that there were little side effects, although I did take the medication at night so if drowsiness was one of them I did not notice. I did gained a little weight while on the medication though. That ...

• was the only side effect that I noticed. It did take about four weeks in order for me to feel that it was working, but that is said to be the standard amount of time. As the description for this medication says, it also treats generalized anxiety disorder. While I do not have generalized anxiety disorder, this
        medication did help with my social anxiety.

After about a year of taking this medication I was safely weened off of it and still felt a decrease in my depression and anxiety. I would not recommend weening off of the medication after only a year though because after a while the depression might return, as it did with me.

Paxil

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262710499770231/k2311a1027/10.27.08