Alesis M1Active 320 USB Stereo Monitoring System
1.5
  • The sound was always great so when I decided I wanted to some speakers for myself, I went straight for Alesis
  • I didn't have too much money so I bought their lowest priced one - the M1Active 320 USB set - off of Amazon I believe
  • Mind you though I bought the least expensive set, they were still a hundred bucks

• by Vinny G

At my job at a post production video company, we have Alesis speakers set up for all the edit booths. The sound was always great so when I decided I wanted to some speakers for myself, I went straight for Alesis.

I didn’t have too much money so I bought their

lowest priced one - the M1Active 320 USB set - off of Amazon I believe.

I got them, basically plugged the USB cable into my computer, and behold great sound came out.

My ITunes never sounded better (to the dismay of my roommates!).

However, that was a 3 months ago.

Two ...

• months ago, the little blue light that comes on when you turn it on became stuck and NEVER turned off.

I had to unplug the whole thing just so I wouldn’t have a little blue light shining constantly.

It became very annoying.

Then 1 month later, the whole thing stopped working

completely.

No light, no sound, no nothing.

Mind you though I bought the least expensive set, they were still a hundred bucks! My next step is to call Alesis customer support and hopefully I can get a replacement.

However, any product that becomes worthless after three months - Do I really want another one?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162710498681231/k2311a1027/10.27.08