St. Mary Mercy Hospital
Livonia, Michigan
  • I told my husband that since place is just a few miles away (located at 36475 Five Mile Road, Livonia,) from our apartment, we should consider getting our family doctor there and when the right time comes, even our OB-GYN
  • From all that I found out, I am more convinced that I finally found the hospital for us, a hospital with complete medical facility, a comfortable and pleasant ambience and quality services from administration, hospital personnel and medical staff, a hospital that will take great care of our health

• by lipsticknladdles

I have not been satisfied with the results I am getting from my previous doctor. Last Friday, I finally met my new doctor, an endocrinologist who specializes in Diabetes. She is very professional and warm. After the consultation, she referred me to St Mary Mercy Hospital for the laboratory works. I have a lot of tests to undergo because my new doctor wanted to make sure I have the right diagnosis. She gave me referral slip, the one where all the tests are itemized, the one I will show the hospital.

When I got home, I called St. Mary Mercy Hospital to check on the laboratory hours. What a relief when the operator said they are open on Saturdays from 7 in the morning to 1 in the afternoon. ( I wanted to go on a Saturday so my husband can be of assistance to me).

The next day, I arrived there after 7 am. From a far, I saw that this is quite a big hospital. The façade is so pretty and elegant, yet it has a warm comfortable feel to it. The surroundings

are so clean, with trees, flowers and plants around. When we got inside, the reception staff answered our queries and gave us instructions on how to get to the lab. Unfortunately, we lost our way. A group of nursed came to our rescue and lead us to the right way. I was amazed at how friendly they all were, considering the fact that they were the night shift nurses and they were probably up all night. Finally we were at the front desk of the lab area. Before the blood drawing, I answered a few questions and fill out information sheet ( personal data and insurance info). The lady who assists me in this task is just as nice as all the others. She is pretty fast and so professional. In matter of minutes, I was all set, with my own St. Mary Mercy Patients Identification card. Then in another couple of minutes, the phlebotomist called me and did all the procedure. She made blood drawing light and non traumatic as possible. The laboratory itself is very sanitized, the way it should be.

• A few minutes after, I was good to go.

On our way out, we saw a few departments such as Birthing and Women section. I don’t know why, but I feel comfortable in this hospital. I must say I have a hospital phobia, but not in this one. I told my husband that since place is just a few miles away (located at 36475 Five Mile Road, Livonia,) from our apartment, we should consider getting our family doctor there and when the right time comes, even our OB-GYN. He said if I want to, I should make a research about this hospital and see how reliable it is. A few days later, I did what I was told to do. I researched and found out that St. Mary Mercy Hospital provides acute-care medical and health services to the Michigan community. It is a part of the Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, including St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor, St. Joseph Mercy Livingston and St. Joseph Mercy Saline. It was given several awards such as the 2003-2006 Governor’s Award, 2004 National Quality Award (Trinity Health),

the 2005-2008 Health Grades Distinguished Award for Clinical Excellence and Distinguished Award for Patient Safety and 100 Top Hospital Award from Thomson Healthcare 2006-2007. Among the specialized medical services it offers are medical/surgical, intensive/cardiac, oncology/radiation, birthing services, women’s health, diagnostic services, physical medicine and rehabilitation, behavioral medicine, 24-hour emergency care, wound care, sleep center, child care, and community health education. It consist of at the 304-bed spaces for in patients and has recently added its most recent expansions including Our Lady of Hope Cancer Center, Heart & Vascular Center, and Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit. It will continue to provide the latest and highest quality technology with its newest services including Open Bore Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), 64-slice CT Scanning, Photon Emission Tomography (P.E.T.) and Primary Emergency Angioplasty (PPCI) services.

From all that I found out, I am more convinced that I finally found the hospital for us, a hospital with complete medical facility, a comfortable and pleasant ambience and quality services from administration, hospital personnel and medical staff, a hospital that will take great care of our health.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262710498461131/k2311a1027/10.27.08