Emerson Professional Series MW8115 SS Microwave oven
  • I purchased a counter-top Emerson Professional Series MW8115 SS Microwave oven it was black with a stainless steel handle and sides
  • The only other thing that I am not happy with is the lack of a regular timer that you can utilize to keep track of your cooking time

• by Simplyme

I purchased a counter-top Emerson Professional Series MW8115 SS Microwave oven it was black with a stainless steel handle and sides. Appearance wise this microwave is quite appealing and seems to go well with most other appliances regardless of color.

I have owned this microwave for a little over a year and bought it

off of a friend who had it for several months prior. In all the time I have owned it, it has worked well and I have no complaints as to it functionality. This microwave has an abundance of useful one-touch features for some items such as popcorn, baked potato, reheat and beverage among others ...

• which come in handy especially if you are not sure how long to put something in for. As far as the sizing it is perfect for those who have either an abundance of counter space or even those with limited counter-top space.

The only downsides I have run across with this microwave are the

difficulty of using and figuring out some of the added features without the use of the manual. The only other thing that I am not happy with is the lack of a regular timer that you can utilize to keep track of your cooking time.

Pros: Appearance functionality features Cons: No timer

linda says :

lightening zapped the microwave. What needs to be replaced, or is it done for?

John says :

Without knowing the details it’s difficult to say exactly which part would need to be replaced. It could have damaged multiple parts. The details about it’s condition would help. However, a few possibilities include something as small as a blown fuse. But, it could also be ana issue with the circuit board.

Margarita says :

Hi, My microwave MW8115 SS was working properly until once that I plug-in it and in the disply it shows a little message `auto cook`, now I can not push any other button because nothing else happens, when I open the microwave door light is on and the turntable is working, but no heat, no anything else… it is just like that, I can not stop that either. So now I can not use my micro anymore. I now `auto cook` is a function, a program, but I didn`t choose it because I don`t even know how to do that I do not have the manual or handbook for this , so I don`t know how to fix it. Please help me Thanks in advance. MG.

sherry mitchell says :

my microwave will work just it wont heat…please help

Jules Li says :

Sherry, there’s likely to be an issue with the magnetron, which is an internal part. With that being said, it’s not a part that an average user would want to replace. If you’re under warranty, I would suggest contacting Emerson to have it serviced. You can also check to see what the repair costs are if you’re out of warranty. If the repair costs are more than a replacement, you may want to purchase a new microwave.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532710498401131/k2311a1027/10.27.08