Bombay Club French Quarter New Orleans Lousiana  » Travel  »
The French Quarter, New Orleans, Lousiana
  • The Bombay Club is what I like to call a Yuppie Bar
  • In fact the Bombay's martinis were the best in town, the food wasn't all that good, but the staff was extra chatty
  • Now I love a good haunting like the next guy, but making a posh piano and martini bar out of an ex-coffin factory is tres bien in my books
  • There was no paranormal activity at The Bombay Club while we were there that we could tell, but pictures of booth number three in the bar seem to have a misty quality about them and one has (what I believe to be) an actual orb in it

• by shopgirl
      The Bombay Club is what I like to call a Yuppie Bar; they were serving great martinis before the current on slot of trendy martini bars. In fact the Bombay’s martinis were the best in town, the food wasn’t all that good, but the staff was extra chatty. But in New Orleans you don’t always go to restaurants for the food, you go for (you guessed it) the “alleged haunting”.

Now I love a good haunting like the next guy, but making a posh piano and martini bar out of an ex-coffin factory is tres bien in my books. In addition to being a coffin factory this building was used as a public bathhouse for over fifty years.

In the kitchen, a bartender claimed that the dishwasher has a mind of its own. It would turn itself on at odd ...

• times when it wasn’t suppose to and it would not turn on when it was suppose too.

He claimed the activity increased or decreased depending on who was around. Now, it seems to me with this one we could go two ways: 1.

Actual haunting. 2.

Electrical problems and too many martinis. I vote for number two.

Also a ghost is seen wandering in and

out of the bar as well as the kitchen, which could explain the dishwasher incidents. There was no paranormal activity at The Bombay Club while we were there that we could tell, but pictures of booth number three in the bar seem to have a misty quality about them and one has (what I believe to be) an actual orb in it.

Also this club is one of the many stops on the Haunted History Tour.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38240449840330/k2311a0424/4.24.06