2002 Ford Focus SE  » Cars  »
0.5
  • I really do not recommend Ford period for that matter

• by missyleicester

I had a 2002 Ford Focus SE Sedan. I got it in March of 2003 from a Ford dealership in Edenton, NC. I had always heard bad things about Ford cars but this was a great looking car. It was kind of classy but yet sporty. Not to mention it was $12,000.

I soon learned what people were saying about Ford cars was and is true as well as the fact you get what you pay for. I had not had the car long and I started having minor problems. There were only 30,000 miles on the car when I got it. I kept the oil changed and the car matinanced like it should

have been.

When I hit 90,000 miles that is when my car started having real problems. My check engine light started coming on. I went to a small automechanic place that I trust and has always done a great job in the past. They said they could not find anything wrong with it and turned the light off.

They also told me then I need to take it to a Ford dealership and have them look at it. So I did. They could not find anything wrong with it either. After taking it to the dealership, the check engine light came on again and my car started making a ...

• funny sound.

I made an appointment to take my car in again to have it looked at but the day before I stopped at a gas station and that is when it officially died. I called to get my car towed. The dealership called me later telling me that I needed a new engine because a rod came off inside of the engine. I immediatly told them I kept the oil changed and the car matinanced which they had record of because that is where I always took it.

The smaller auto mechanic place was when I had the car before this one. They said that it was just the engine, nothing I had done or hadn’t done.

I could not have prevented this. I told them to go ahead and get a new engine.

So they did. When I got the new engine I again had problems, almost right away. At that time my transmission started acting up as well. I then new I would never get a Ford again.

Also it was time for a new car. I have heard others with the same car as I had have major complaints as well. More so with the transmission than the engine. Mine was with both.

I do not recommend this car to anyone. I really do not recommend Ford period for that matter. Hondas are great!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 92610497911131/k2311a1026/10.26.08