Ramada Glasgow  » Hotels  »
Glasgow City Centre Scotland UK
  • There is car parking at this hotel and as with most hotels there is an additional charge which to my surprise I found to be very reasonable at five pound a night, which I thought was ok
  • The room I had was nice I think from the look of this room and other area's of the hotel that I had seen so far it looked like it had been recently refurbished
  • The service was quick and the staff were very friendly and helpful, the menu did seem a little limited but that wasn't a problem

• by Steveradders

When I stayed in Glasgow recently on business I stayed at the Ramada Jarvis hotel in the city centre. The hotel is located right in the heart of the city. When you arrive you see a large glass front allowing you to looking in over a lovely lobby and reception area. There is car parking at this hotel and as with most hotels there is an additional charge which to my surprise I found to be very reasonable at five pound a night, which I thought was ok. The hotel itself is a five storey building that is ideal for its location.

Inside as I

said the lobby and reception area is lovely during the day it is very light and airy thanks to the large glass windows at the front of the hotel. The reception’ staff are excellent well trained very helpful and very efficient, the checking in process took around five minutes and I was able to book a wake up call and a newspaper for the morning.

The room I had was nice I think from the look of this room and other area’s of the hotel that I had seen so far it looked like it had been recently refurbished. The bed was very comfy although the room ...

• seemed to be on the small side not sure whether it was because of the large bed and large TV that made it more of an optical illusion rather than fact. There was a large desk for working at with internet data points but I never bothered with this as I was only there one night and didn’t fancy logging on to do some work.

The hotel didn’t have any leisure facilities which was a shame as I could have done with some to help pass the time but as it was a nice evening and I had been to Glasgow before after my meal I went and

had a wonder round the city.

The restaurant that I had my meal in was very nice, I had the lasagne with garlic bread which also came with a very nice green salad. The service was quick and the staff were very friendly and helpful, the menu did seem a little limited but that wasn’t a problem. Breakfast in there was a buffet and was very nice.

Overall the hotel is very nice, I would have liked leisure facilities but as I don’t get to book the hotels for work then I just have to go with what I am given. I would recommend this hotel though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22510497301231/k2311a1025/10.25.08