Ben & Jerrys - Pumpkin Cheesecake
  • I found the ice cream texture and taste to live up to the super premium reputation of the brand
  • But for those that don't usually eat pumpkin, I think the ice cream will hit the spot

• by rickindover

As a lifelong fan and connoisseur of the Ben & Jerry’s brand of ice cream, I have had the chance to sample a majority of their offerings. My plan is to have a thorough review of each flavor over the next few months.

My first review is for a flavor that has limited availability, Pumpkin Cheesecake. Having scoured the shelves of several grocery stores and

convenience stores, I finally was able to find it at my local Hannaford grocery chain. This was the seventh store that I had gone to in search of the elusive pint; definitely living up to the “limited batch” wording on the plastic safety band sealing the lid.

I found the ice cream texture and taste to live up to the super premium reputation of the brand.

• Very dense and rich in flavor. The graham cracker swirl is the same as in the other cheesecake varieties put out by Ben & Jerry’s. Pleasant texture and not overly sweet, better than most store bought pie crusts.

The ice cream base itself is very good taste wise, but I wish it had more of an actual pumpkin taste. It does have a

spiced pumpkin taste but it is very mellow. I found the cinnamon/spice taste to slightly overpower it. But for those that don’t usually eat pumpkin, I think the ice cream will hit the spot.

It wasn’t my favorite flavor of all time, but was still quite good. Maybe next time I will drink some apple cider at the same time to get the full “Taste of Fall”.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272410496770631/k2311a1024/10.24.08