Coconut Malorie Hotel  » Hotels  »
Ocean City, Maryland
  • Another friend recommended this hotel to me and since I know she has a good taste in hotels, I believed her that Coconut Malorie is a good place to stay in Ocean City
  • Looking at the physical appearance of the room, I was impressed
  • My problem started when I used the bathroom
  • When I told this to staff the following day, I found out that there were construction workers repainting the room that night up to the wee hours of the morning

• by bubblyapple

For a convention in Ocean City, Maryland recently, I booked a lodging place for myself and a friend at Coconut Malorie Hotel. Another friend recommended this hotel to me and since I know she has a good taste in hotels, I believed her that Coconut Malorie is a good place to stay in Ocean City. The hotel is along the highway, which is good because it is easier for us to spot it. Plus it is just about three blocks away from the Convention Center where I have to go. The building itself, although not impressive is presentable. There is a short driveway that leads up to the hotel.

The lobby is quite spacious enough and pleasing to the eyes. It has a falls with plants at the side in the middle of the lobby area and seats for the guest to sit on if they are waiting. We approached the lobby and we are assisted at once and within

the next five minutes, we were given our key to the our room. We were given a room on the fourth floor so we have to use the elevator. Seeing the elevator, one would see how OLD the hotel is.

The sign that says which floor the elevator is on at that time is like the signs that you see on old hotel movies- it still has the needle pointing at what floor the elevator is on. The elevator makes noise when it stops and when it moves up and down. Fortunately, it did not stop on us and my fear that it would trap us inside did not happen. Our room on the fourth floor is spacious. It has a kitchen area, where you can actually cook if you bring things to cook with you.

The kitchen is equipped with microwave, stove and coffee maker. So convenient. After the kitchen area is the dining area. It has a table ...

• for four. The receiving area/living room area is next.

It has a queen size sofa and a flat screen TV! What a sight!

The king-sized bed is near the window where we had a view of the Atlantic Ocean. Although we have to draw the drapes since we don’t want to be seen by people outside. The glass window is clear and if you are outside looking up on the fourth floor, you could see us clearly without squinting your eyes. Looking at the physical appearance of the room, I was impressed. For a economically-priced room, it is worth it.

My problem started when I used the bathroom. I would admit that it is spacious and clean even though you could tell that it is old. Nonetheless, it is still okay. However, when I used the toilet and tried to flush it, it wouldn’t budge. I tried several times, but it wouldn’t work.

I have to call to inform them

of this. In fairness to their staff, they responded quickly and they were able to fix it. My next problem occurs when I was about to sleep. I was tired so what I want is to rest. This however, was not the plan of whoever was staying on the room above us.

All night, I heard them as they moved things all around the room and things kept on banging and their footsteps was so loud. I was barely able to sleep all night. When I told this to staff the following day, I found out that there were construction workers repainting the room that night up to the wee hours of the morning. So I told them that I was not able to sleep because of this and they did nothing. Not even respond.

So I would say that it may be good over all but before I book on this hotel next time, I would make sure that they don’t have any renovation job going on.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22210496700331/k2311a1022/10.22.08