Gmail
  • I like Gmail because it seems to be more secure
  • You can set up and automatic response to emails if you are out of town which I love
  • Sometimes that seems the best way to go when you are at home

• by missyleicester

http://www. gmail. com is a web based email website that allows you to check your email from anywhere. This means I can open an account, which I have, and be able to check it at work, home, the library, my friends house, or ect.

because it is strictly on the web. It does not actually download to your computer. I like Gmail because it seems to be more secure.

You also get less spam and it has a great spam blocker. Again the fact that it is web

base is great also. You can set up and automatic response to emails if you are out of town which I love.

Especially for work. Our company actually partnered with Gmail for our email addresses at work. So I can go online and set up the automatic response and that way they know to contact my boss or someone else while I am away.

This came in handy the last time I went on vacation. Someone emailed me and needed a response right away. My automatic response told them to ...

• contact my boss and how to get in contact him.

It does allow you to download to your outlook express software on your computer or for my fellow Apple users, our Apple Mailbox. Sometimes that seems the best way to go when you are at home. One thing I do not like about Gmail so far is that it does not allow you to set up folders to organize your inbox.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place and

just can’t figure it out. I don’t know. And our IT department at work often tells us our email inboxes are not for storage.

It is still nice to be able to have folders to organize things. Of course you can do that on Outlook Express and Apple email, but when you are not at home or at your personal computer it is nice to have those folders still. Overall I like Gmail alot.

You can have more than one account also. I think I have three right now.

Gmail

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 202110496191131/k2311a1021/10.21.08