Eton FR-400 weather radio  » Electronics  »
  • All in all I would recommend this weather radio though
  • I think 60.00 is a small price for a device that could potentially save your life

• by snowy

I have a eton weather radio at home FR-400 model. I got this weather radio to use in case of emergencies and have used it on a number of occasions when my power has gone out or there is a storm approaching.

The radio has Red Cross frequencies as well as AM/FM frequencies.

The really nice feature about this weather radio is that it runs on

batteries or can be charged on a power outlet with an ac adapter. It also has a light on the side of it which is helpful in case of a power outage. The radio is easy to tune to your local red cross (NOAA) weather station and can be set to give weather alerts at any time.

This radio also features a cell phone charger which might ...

• come in handy in case of a prolonged power failure and a crank on the side of the radio that you can use to power it if need be. This makes the eton Fr-400 a very versatile piece of equipment.

The thing I do not like about this radio is if you have it set for alerts the radio will sometimes go off in the middle of

the night just if there is a small approaching non dangerous storm. That is why I generally have this weather radio off. All in all I would recommend this weather radio though. It is helpful to have in case of emergencies. It’s price 60.00 makes it reasonable and could potentially save your life. I think 60.00 is a small price for a device that could potentially save your life.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162010496020231/k2311a1020/10.20.08