The best salsa in a jar
Boston, MA Supermarkets
  • I love salsa of all flavors and kinds, but we were fresh out of the kind I usually buy
  • I found the jar of Big Papi with David Ortiz's smiling face on the lable in his Red Sox uniform and instantly had low expectations
  • The Big Papi Salsa with corn and black beans in the Hot variety ended up being the best salsa from a jar that I ever tasted

• by mixey
      I admit, I’m not a true Bostonian. I grew up in that southwestern corner of CT that was claimed by the NY-Yankees.

I never liked the Red Sox.

Recently, my boyfriend snuck a bottle of “Big Papi Salsa” into our fridge.

I say “snuck” because I tend to react badly whenever there is excessive Red Sox paraphenalia

in our apartment.

I love salsa of all flavors and kinds, but we were fresh out of the kind I usually buy.

I found the jar of “Big Papi” with David Ortiz’s smiling face on the lable in his Red Sox uniform and instantly had low expectations.

A salsa endorsed by the Red Sox? Forgive me for ...

• being skeptical.

The “Big Papi Salsa” with corn and black beans in the Hot variety ended up being the best salsa from a jar that I ever tasted.

It was spicy, but not so spicy that it was inedible.

The corn, black beans, and chunks of vegetables helped this salsa taste more like something out of the

refrigerated section, rather than something that was vaccuum- packed.

THe chunky texture stayed on chips perfectly, and was also perfect for dipping all sorts of other vegetables and snacks into.

This is the best salsa ever out of a jar, and coming from a Yankees fan, that is some compliment.

It would also make a great stocking stuffer for Red Sox fans everywhere.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2714094960330/k2311a0914/9.14.05