Maxthon Web browser  » Software  »
  • I was fully dedicated to Firefox since its release and I will still say it is a amazing alternative to the standard IE
  • I would recommend this to hard core users or anyone that isn't satisfied with their current software

• by James Abels

So I did it - I converted my Web browser! I was fully dedicated to Firefox since its release and I will still say it is a amazing alternative to the standard IE. But I’ve been hearing about Maxthon. I also heard about Opera and tried it. I do like the speak option in Opera and the voice commands, but that’s another article.

I didn’t think I would like Maxthon; I didn’t think anything could fit me as well as Firefox, but so far

so good! There seem to be a ton of features like even zooming in on photos! I will also say for a browser, and a Windows browser at that, it handles these features very elegantly. Much like I would expect inside of an Apple. The first time I used the zoom function and it zoomed out nice and smooth - and no video lag - I was hooked!

So far all the features are in every browser plus a lot more! so you’re not ...

• missing anything from IE, or MSN, or Firefox; only gaining new features that Maxthon offers. Another nice feature is the ability to save those long registering processes and having the browser fill in your info. I’ve seen these kind of programs in the past but they were buggy and full of bad things. No extra plug-ins for that feature at all and, as I expected, it works well.

There are also features to weed out certain content for faster browsing. IE does not show

images, Active X scripts, Flash movies, and more! A little more incentive for low speed users. Even a CPU saver menu for speeding things up, and saving system resources for other operations.

Also, don’t fear if you’re new to power browsers - Maxthon offers a nice tutorial system when you load it up. This is my overview of the Maxthon Web browser. I would recommend this to hard core users or anyone that isn’t satisfied with their current software. You can grow inside of this one!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 302010495990131/k2311a1020/10.20.08