R2-D2 Interactive Astromech Droid  » Other  »
  • He has the best, most advanced sense of awareness I've ever seen in any toy of his type
  • I highly recommend this shockingly advanced, amazingly well built, extremely fun little droid

• by David M E

At 14″ tall, this is the most technologically advanced, cute and fun toys I have ever purchased. It’s very durable, very smart, safe and has lots and lots of potential as a toy for children and young adults. Once you’ve installed the batteries, R2 is ready to roll.

He requires no prior programming. With the aid of the guide book (included) you can command R2 to do so many fun things it’s easy to lose count of

them all.

I purchased him when he was originally released over 5 years ago and he’s still rolling and chirping to this day. I break him out from time to time to play with my twin baby nieces, who think he is the most magnificent thing on earth.

He chases them around the living room (and gets chased by them in return), talks to them, plays light-tag with them in the dark and even sings and dances to ...

• them. R2’s voice commands take a while to memorize, so it’s important to keep the guide book.

If it is lost, there is a downloadable and printable version on the company’s website. R2 has no problems recognizing my dad’s deep voice with thick southern accent, r my baby nieces high pitched, sometimes garbled commands.

He rolls very easily on any terrain I’ve placed him on (a wooden deck, a hard wood floor, tile floor, drive way, paved road,

carpet and longer, shag carpet) and has a very effective sense of spatial awareness. He rarely ever gets stuck in corners, rolls down steps, rolls into couches or tips over.

He has the best, most advanced sense of awareness I’ve ever seen in any toy of his type. I highly recommend this shockingly advanced, amazingly well built, extremely fun little droid.

Retail value should be around $150 (I would not recommend paying much higher than this price) and it’s easily worth that amount.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122010495970131/k2311a1020/10.20.08