Delonghi Magnifica 3200  » Electronics  »
  • My husband and I love coffee , especially espressos and cappuccinos, and we have been spending a fortune at various coffee shops
  • We had an experience with a manual espresso machine but it was such a mess to grind the beans, make the coffee, froth the milk and clean everything that we gave up after a while
  • Unfortunately though, as you can not program different settings, you need to set them each time you make a coffee, depending on who the coffee is for
  • One of the two negative points that my husband and I agree on is the size of the water tank
  • Overall, we would highly recommend this espresso machine if you are looking for a super-automatic one

• by frenchmom

My husband and I love coffee , especially espressos and cappuccinos, and we have been spending a fortune at various coffee shops. We had an experience with a manual espresso machine but it was such a mess to grind the beans, make the coffee, froth the milk and clean everything that we gave up after a while. We finally decided to buy a super-automatic espresso machine and we chose the Delonghi Magnifica 3200 (around $700). It has a built in grinder and an option to use ground coffee.

We like this machine a lot. After

an easy set up, the machine produces a tasty , above-average espresso. The quality of the crema is near perfect. We find the machine very easy to use. We liked the fact that we can adjust both the length of the shot and the strength of the coffee to achieve our ideal espresso or regular coffee. Unfortunately though, as you can not program different settings, you need to set them each time you make a coffee, depending on who the coffee is for.

The frother works really well and produces ...

• a lot of foam which is perfect for our taste.

Although it takes up some space in the kitchen, we like the look of it because it matches perfectly our stainless appliances. Most of all, we find this machine extremely easy to clean which is a big plus compare to the manual espresso machine that we used to have.

One of the two negative points that my husband and I agree on is the size of the water tank: it is too small. You need to refill it very often. Even when there would be

enough water for one or two espressos, the machine stops and requires you to refill the tank which is really annoying.

The second negative point is the steam wand: it is made in plastic and doesn’t seem very robust . We are afraid of breaking it each time we clean it. Also, although it pivots out to the side of the machine, it does not give a lot of room for a large pitcher of milk underneath.

Overall, we would highly recommend this espresso machine if you are looking for a super-automatic one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162010495700131/k2311a1020/10.20.08