Clark Pest Control Sacramento  » Business  »
Sacramento office
  • For several years, I had one of the best technicians doing my house and yard
  • Never once has anyone made an issue of that

• by Orrymain

My family has used Clark Pest Control for many years now and overall, I’m very pleased with them. We’re lucky, too, in that we’ve been with them so long that we have the lowest rates in Sacramento. It has gone up, most recently a two-dollar hike, but the tier we’re on is the lowest. New customers are paying at least twenty-dollars more a month, from what I understand. Gotta love those grandfathered rates.

For several years, I had one of the best technicians doing my house and yard. He was so good they pulled him during the summertimes to help with new technicians and special jobs. I absolutely hated this and did express my dissatisfaction with having my regular guy taken from me. I’m glad he’s good, but I don’t want my

service to suffer as a result, and truthfully, it did. I was absolutely horrified when he got married and took on a completely different territory. He was the best.

Aside from him, the technicians have run the gamut from being pretty darn good to newbies who still needed some help. What keeps us satisfied, though, is that Clark is excellent about making things right. They come back. In fact, they come anytime we ask them to. With our dogs and various demands, they usually have to do the inside of the house at different times than they do the outside. Never once has anyone made an issue of that.

Over the years, there have been some concerns with how things were serviced. We’ve actually had supervisors come out to see for themselves ...

• and then do what was necessary. There was a newbie, for example, who just didn’t understand how to make those ant dirt piles go away when they were a certain way. The supervisor was telling us one thing on the phone, but the newbie was doing something else. A quick phone call, and that was rectified.

Our worst complaint is the inconsistency with the dog bowl (both food and water). We’ve been told by supervisors that the technician should always remove the bowls, replace them, even putting fresh water in the water bowls. That good technician always did that, but the others, sometimes yes and oftentimes no. We’ve made a lot of complaints about that over the years. A technician usually will correct their behavior, but not always. It’s very frustrating,

and it’s the one thing we wish they’d be better at.

Our best compliment is that when we were really bogged down with finances, we called to cancel and were surprised by the response. The supervisor asked if we had a break in payment, if that would help. We thought it would. With no service interruption of any kind, it was four months later when the next bill came, and we were able to take care of it. That’s pretty cool. They kept our business by giving us a break, without even pausing service. That’s a loyalty builder for sure.

So, not a perfect company, but a responsive and caring one. All issues we’ve ever had have been addressed in courteous, timely ways. Supervisors are empowered and they take action. Clark is top notch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411910495580631/k2311a1019/10.19.08