Audi Great but Parts Hard to Get  » Cars  »
  • Because I know nothing about actual mechanics of a car, I really love this feature

• by Izzieshakespeare
      When I was shopping for an automobile, I was shown a silver 97 Audi A6. For years, I had driven a mini-van, so I was ready to go with a more sporty look. I have to admit, though, I still wanted a 4-door car, which is defintely an homage to .

. .

er, maturity. In fact, when I was 17 years old and driving my blue Camaro, I vowed to NEVER EVER NEVER EVER drive a 4-door car.

I refused to be my parents; I

refused to be unhip; I refused to be some kind of pathetic loser driving a 4-door. The family car was a station wagon, which was the mini-van throughout the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s.

My aversion to being sighted in the station wagon was so strong that I would rather walk to school than take the risk of being seen in the old, broken-down wreck. Not because it was old and broken-down, though.

My refusal to ride in that car was based on the fact that it was ...

• a 4-door!

Of course, just like all humans do, regardless of teenage vows, I grew into an adult, got married, and had a child. The mortgage and mini-van was de rigeur, so of course, I had that, too.

Alas, the mini-van, after years of babies, toddlers, tweens, and pre-teens passengers, finally bit the dust. So, a working car was a necessity.

I looked at the beautiful silver Audi on the lot, and decided that even though it was a 4-door, it was just sporty enough to satisfy

my true love of fast, hot cars. The car is great.

One thing about German carmakers is that they love to put all kinds of lights and sensors in the car. If even the slightest thing is off, a light glows to inform me.

Because I know nothing about actual mechanics of a car, I really love this feature. The only downside I see to my Audi ownership is the fact that car parts, when needed, tend to be very difficult and expensive to locate.

Fortunately, the car runs well most of the time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9230449550730/k2311a0423/4.23.06