Alltel Cell Phone Service  » Cellular services  »
1.0
  • In my experience they will say anything to get you off the phone
  • I bought a new laptop this past June and scheduled to have a new wireless card from Alltel sent to me so it would be there way before I received my new computer
  • Not sure if I would recommend them or not

• by missyleicester

I have had several bad experiences with Alltel cellular phone service. resulting in over $300 refunds because of things that they have done. On thing is they charged me for phone calls that I never made and I proved to them that I never made. I received over $80 from them for that incident.

For a while Alltell offered a special (this is before the new my circle plans) where you could call one phone number which was concidered your “home” phone number and it would not go against any of your minutes. They ended up charging me anyway! So that resulted in another phone call to their very poor customer service. In my experience they will say anything to get you off the phone.

Another bad experience with them is I bought a cell

phone from them and something was wrong with it when I bought it. Well they sent me the box and mailing lable to send it back and charged me for the new phone they sent as well. They said they would credit my account when they received the damaged phone.

I sent the damaged phone back and didn’t think any thing else of it because they are slow a crediting your account. Because of that it did not phase me that my account did not have a credit after a month and a half. Well I then got the box in the mail that I had sent the phone back in and it said that it was lost in the mail (note from the postal service).

The box was empty and looked like it had been opened which had to be the postal services fault because I took ...

• it to the post office myself. Well I called Alltel and explained the situation. At first they were not going to credit my account!! I was going to have a $200 charge for the phone that was lost in the mail.

After the 8th phone call I finally got it resolved. There have been numberous incidents where it took more than 8 phone calls to resolve problems. I bought a new laptop this past June and scheduled to have a new wireless card from Alltel sent to me so it would be there way before I received my new computer.

When it did not come I called Alltel 6 times and all I got was it is on its way. Finally one of the customer service representatives actually tracked it and said that the card was held at UPS for some reason. I

said ok can you find out why because I was suppose to have this two weeks ago.

They never called me back , SO I called again. This person said that it was held in their warehouse. Then it kept going back and forth like that between Alltel and UPS blameing one another.

Finally it was resolved and I got them to send me another card (I checked the other day and that other one still has not showed up) and credit my account for the other one. All of this being said, they have great plans and are the cheapest around here. They offer MyCircle which is great because you can add 10 people and it doesn’t go against your minutes.

The customer service needs ALOT, and I do mean ALOT of work though. Not sure if I would recommend them or not. You will have to decide.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221710495271131/k2311a1017/10.17.08