Casino de Genting, Genting Highlands  » Casino  »
Genting Highlands, Malaysia
  • However, it takes away the fun of placing the actual chips on the table

• by Judith JKay

Though I have visited the Casino de Genting a number of times, yet the bright lights, music and buzz at the entrance of the casino, never fail to invoke a feeling of anticipation and excitement within me!

At the security gate, the guards will check that you are wearing appropriate attire and not carrying any prohibited items. Sometimes, they will check your Id to make sure you are 21 years old and above, or that you are not of the Muslim faith. So be prepared to produce Id or passport.

As you step in, you would see rows and rows of brightly lit jackpot machines and hear the curious music that announces free games or winnings very mesmerizing. I tried my luck on

a number of the machines and happily won a hundred dollars.

The one thing I miss very much, is the real ‘one-arm bandit’ where you have to pull the lever down. Now it is only pressing the buttons, and waiting for the screen to roll.

We moved over to where the tables are all the international casino games namely poker, blackjack, pontoon, French boule, roulette or baccarat. You just have to choose your game and pray that Lady Luck favors you.

I had fun though I have lost some money at the baccarat tables, and won a few rounds at the roulette games. There were also machines where you can play roulette and baccarat through individual consoles.

However, it takes ...

• away the fun of placing the actual chips on the table; though it reduces disputes and arguments as to whose chips are on the tables.

We walked over to the other casino, StarWorld at the First World Hotel, a smaller-size replica of the Casino de Genting.

Just as bright and as fascinating, it has fewer machines and tables, but no less excitement. The whole place was still vibrant with activities, though it was already 3am on a Sunday morning! I was so caught up in the thrill and anticipation of gaming the sounds of the dice rolling and clicking against the roulette wheel, or the ting-ting of the croupier’s bell to announce ‘last call’ - made my pulse beat faster!

We were occupied at a table where everyone was betting against the banker, and the cards turned in our favor making many of us winners.

I was also at another table, where Lady Luck was more erratic, with more losers than winners. I moved from table to table, hoping to change my luck, like many of these players.

I am just a novice, yet I could see how addicting these games can be! If you win, you would wish for more; if you lose, you want to recoup your losses! It is okay to have fun and join in the thrill and excitement of gaming; however be careful that this does not turn into an obsession, and let it control your life.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 481710495101131/k2311a1017/10.17.08