Happy Thanksgiving Rebus by David A. Adler  » Books  »
  • I loved it and recommend it 100% to anyone who has young children
  • The sleeve jacket says this boko is for ages 3-8 and I completely agree with that and feel they did a great job deciding what age range this is best suited for
  • I think that the illustrations could be a little more exciting and brightly colored then they are but its a nice book anyway
  • When I first looked at this book I thought maybe Rebus was the characters cat or something because I had never heard of a Rebus before
  • It not only is fun for children because of the Rebuses but it is also a great teaching tool as there is a lot of very nice interesting information about the first thanksgiving so it teaches them about history at the same time that they are having fun

• by shaggin83

I borrowed this book called “Happy Thanksgiving Rebus” from our local library and my daughter son and I read it today! I loved it and recommend it 100% to anyone who has young children. The sleeve jacket says this boko is for ages 3-8 and I completely agree with that and feel they did a great job deciding what age range this is best suited for.

This book is by David A.

Adler and Illustrated by Jan Palmer.

This hardcover edition has a price on the inside sleef

jacket of $12.

95.

I think that the illustrations could be a little more exciting and brightly colored then they are but its a nice book anyway.

When I first looked at this book I thought maybe Rebus was the characters cat or something because I had never heard of a Rebus before.

I always thought it was just called a picture book.

The first page of the book told us what a Rebus really is and some are harder then others so it was really a fun book ...

• trying to figure out what some of the pictures were trying to tell us.

For example a picture of a toe + bee = toby.

Some of the Rebuses were just to hard to figure out but it didn’t matter because the last few pages of the book are a glossary of what all the images are supposed to be.

They are even in the order they appear in the book to make it easier for you and your child to find the specific image from each page

that you need to figure out.

Another really great thing about this book is that if you are tired of trying to read this story with all the rebuses Beginning on page 24 is the complete story in written word without any rebuses.

It not only is fun for children because of the Rebuses but it is also a great teaching tool as there is a lot of very nice interesting information about the first thanksgiving so it teaches them about history at the same time that they are having fun!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171610494810331/k2311a1016/10.16.08