Mass Effect
  • The first thing I noticed of course were the graphics
  • I first played an evil character (which I enjoyed more) and then a good one
  • Don't get me wrong, this game is in no way bad, but definitely has some flaws
  • I found it a bit annoying, but still no biggie compared to how good the game is

• by chiefmclovin

I had been watching this game on some websites for a few months. Everything I saw about it looked really impressive. I was pretty stunned that this game was made by Bioware which is one of my favorite gaming companies.

When I first loaded up Mass Effect on the 360, I was truly surprised. The moment I saw the beginning screen, until the end of the game, I was completely sucked into the game. The first thing I noticed of course were the graphics. Let me say that this game is really something to look at. They looked very realistic and and they added great detail into everything. The only problems I saw with the graphics are that they sometimes loaded after I began playing. It’s a small issue but nothing

too bad. First, I got to create my character. Ive seen better character creators but this one is not too bad either. Once I made my character, I got to choose my class. There are 6 classes to choose from, which gives some replay value to this game. At first I was a tad confused. It didn’t really give a tutorial to the combat, but I kept playing and learned pretty fast. Throughout the game you get party members (a total of 6) which I liked because it added even more replay to the game. Depending on how you talk to your party members changes the outcome of how they react with you. You can even have romances with some of them.

One thing I really loved about Mass effect is ...

• the amount of dialogue within the game. Its almost like playing a book. A book on which outcome you choose. Once again, it added more replay to this game. I first played an evil character (which I enjoyed more) and then a good one. The main story is the true heart of the game, but all the extra dialogue really adds to it.

Now, for the bad things about this. Don’t get me wrong, this game is in no way bad, but definitely has some flaws. One of the biggest flaws to me, was that the other planets that you can go to, were pretty much all the same. Sure there were colored different or maybe one planet had more mountains than the other, but its still pretty much the same

thing over and over.I wanted to see alien animal life and trees and waterfalls and such, but no, just lava here and there, rocks and mountains and some ice worlds. Another thing that got repetitive, was decrypting boxes to open them. You had to hit a button right after it lights up on the screen. It gets old, quick.Oh and the framerate dips every once in a while when fighting a higher amount of people. I found it a bit annoying, but still no biggie compared to how good the game is.

I spent well over 100 hours on this game, and if anyone wanted to know from me whether to buy or rent, I’d say buy it. It’s not a game for everyone, but I know most people will most definitely enjoy it.

Mass Effect

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281510494170831/k2311a1015/10.15.08