Micro-Chip: Microwave Potato Chip Maker  » Electronics  »
2.0
  • On the box, it was marked As Seen On TV so I thought it must be a wonderful invention for housewife like me
  • Based on my experience, to make crispy batch of potator chips you need to experiment several times to get the correct timing
  • It is convenient and less hassle to make your own chips and steamed vegetables at home

• by Noradlina
      I got this Micro-Chip: Microwave Potato Chip Maker from a friend who moved out to a new house. On the box, it was marked “As Seen On TV” so I thought it must be a wonderful invention for housewife like me.

Potato chips are my family favorite.

The first time I tried, I used the slicer that comes in the package and carefully arranged them on the microwave basket provided.

After

about 10 minutes (that what they instructed to do) in my 450W Haier microwave, the chips did not turn out as crispy as I would expected.

Another 5 minutes, still the results are not that good.

I ended up frying the chips for less than a minute and get crispier potato chips that I wanted.

Based on my experience, to make crispy batch of potator chips you need to experiment several ...

• times to get the correct timing.

For me, I do not like it as it may increase my electricity bill, for using the microwave too long to get crispy batch of potato chips.

However, the package can also be used for steaming vegetables like zucchini, carrot, broccoli and cauliflower.

But still, longer time is needed to make sure that the vegetables are soft enough to eat.

The complete package consists of

a set of microwaveable basket with lid, two slicers and instruction leaflet (which contain very simple how-to dos without further explanation).

If you want a healthy meal and does not mind the waiting with increase use of electricity, the Micro-Chip: Microwave Potato Chip Maker is for you to use everyday.

It is convenient and less hassle to make your own chips and steamed vegetables at home.

It was not for me, though.

Sandra Rivera says :

I have one of these items too. I`d forgotten about it until I was cleaning out a cabinet. I`d like to try it again, but I`ve lost the instruction book, Would you mind sharing the info recipes you found in yours?

Hazel says :

The same thing happened to me. I wanted to try again with some sweet potato’s and I can’t find the instructions. Wish someone would help

Anthony says :

It just a case of slicing and then nuking for about 20 minutes then adding whatever seasoning you like…i personally like paprika which a touch of salt and pepper…I hope this helps :)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16220449300330/k2311a0422/4.22.06