Uccello’s Ristorante  » Restaurants  »
4787 Lake Michigan Drive Walker, MI 49534
  • The first thing I noticed was how loud it was in there
  • I thought the food was really good, and the prices were reasonable
  • I found the food portions to be very generous, and I ended up taking half of my meal home with me
  • This problem may have been isolated to that one particular server, because I didn't notice the others behaving in that manner
  • I would recommend the dining area for a quiet dinner, and the sports bar for a more rowdy and fun evening

• by mariekay

Uccello’s Ristorante is a popular hangout, especially for the local college students. I went there for dinner and drinks recently, and I sat in the sports bar area. The first thing I noticed was how loud it was in there. There is no carpet, so there is constantly a stomping noise in the background. There are also dozens of televisions playing on high volume. Pair this with the music and the yelling

sports fans, and it is nearly impossible to carry on a conversation with the person sitting next to you. That being said, there is a family dining area that is separated from the sports bar area, so that might be a wiser choice for someone who prefers a quiet dinner.

I thought the food was really good, and the prices were reasonable. The menu includes chicken, steak, seafood, ribs, burgers, and several Italian entrees. They ...

• also offer a large selection of soups, salads, and appetizers. I ordered the baby back ribs, and they were absolutely mouth-watering! I found the food portions to be very generous, and I ended up taking half of my meal home with me.

The service wasn’t great. Our server was polite, but she was a bit slow. It was very busy the night I was there, so I thought perhaps that was the reason for

the delay…until I noticed our server chatting and laughing with some friends up by the bar. This occurred throughout the evening, and I found it rather unprofessional. This problem may have been isolated to that one particular server, because I didn’t notice the others behaving in that manner.

Overall, my experience at Uccello’s was a good one. I would recommend the dining area for a quiet dinner, and the sports bar for a more rowdy and fun evening.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71310492930931/k2311a1013/10.13.08