Suriya Spa Pasig City  » Leisure  »
Fonterra Verde, Pasig City, Philippines
  • The masseurs were very gentle and friendly, but they weren't that good in my opinion
  • I think they just did some moves that they practiced without really being aware of what my body needed
  • I don't think I'll visit the spa that often, but I'll definitely keep it in mind for a special occasion someday

• by online_girl

Upon entering Suriya Spa, you will immediately smell the intoxicating scent of something sweet yet spicy. I spent half an afternoon at the spa just recently yet I can’t pinpoint what the facility smells like. Anyway, the nice smell was assuredly a sign of a very good and relaxing afternoon at the spa.

I got one of the packages offered by the spa instead of just the basic massage because I really wanted to de-stress. It seemed a better choice as well because I saved a bit of money by getting a package as opposed to paying

the full amount for individual services. After registering with the front desk (This took quite a while, and though I was expecting them to serve some refreshments, there was none.), I was led to a private room with its own shower, pool, and the works. The room was really great actually. It made the hefty massage fees seem reasonable already.

Before I left for the sauna room (it was communal), my attendant finally brought over some tea for me. This is fairly standard in most spas so there’s nothing to rave about. The tea, like the lingering ...

• scent in the building, tasted a bit weird yet not yucky at all.

When the treatments started, I closed my eyes and let the attendants take care of me. There was soothing music on the background and the lights in the room were dimmed just the way I liked it. The masseurs were very gentle and friendly, but they weren’t that good in my opinion. I think they just did some moves that they practiced without really being aware of what my body needed. After the treatments, I felt relaxed and contented with the pampering, but

my body was quite sore like I had been pounded on by an amateur boxer.

Personally, I think the spa’s draw is that it’s a very nice, clean, and luxurious atmosphere. The private rooms ensure utmost privacy because most spas require you to share rooms with other people. While the prices were a bit higher than normal, it made sense for management to charge its customers that way given the private rooms and cozy atmosphere. I don’t think I’ll visit the spa that often, but I’ll definitely keep it in mind for a special occasion someday. :)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 611310492810831/k2311a1013/10.13.08