Eindhoven Airport
Eindhoven Airport, Luchthavenweg 25, 5657 EA Eindhoven, The Netherlands
  • I have always found it to be an easy experience

• by razorblades

Eindhoven Airport is an international airport, and over recent years has become more well known throughout europe, mostly down to RyanAir who are using it as their Dutch base.

It has everything that you want or need. Great transport link to and from the central station. So if you want to

get to Amsterdam it’s made extremely easy.

It’s small enough that you don’t get lost but big enough that you are not falling over other peoples luggage.

The airport staff are very friendly, and are for the most part bilingual (speaking Dutch and English) and in some cases trilingual (Dutch, English and German or ...

• French).

I have flown in and out of Eindhoven airport many, many times. I have always found it to be an easy experience. It’s very easy to navigate, it’s virtually impossible to get lost. If you are environmentally aware, it has some great green credentials. It uses rain water in it’s

waste system and allows passengers to contribute to planting trees to offset their carbon footprint.

I like Eindhoven airport very much. The staff are helpful, as I said you cannot get lost, it’s a great interntional airport, and with it becoming more and more popular with passengers flying into The Netherlands it can only get better.

Reinier says :

Overcrowded waiting rooms, lacking sufficient seat facilities.
    Uninterested personnel.
    Volume and understandability of messages are inadequate.
    Unclear directions, where and when to pass the security and customs. Together with fellow passengers we succeeded in finding out.
    We were called for boarding, while the passengers of the former flight of our plane were not even yet unboarding. So we had to queue for another unnecessary hour.
    Exaggerated intimate search at the security. They seem to lack the customary electronic equipment to detect metals at Eindhoven.
    Consequently, they failed to detect the Swiss army-knife and scissors I had accidentally in my hand luggage .
    The parking lot machine accepted neither Meastro card nor chip card. Fortunately I was warned for that. Otherwise, I could have walked for another 2 Kms back to the arrival hall for cash.
    Picking-up passengers is seriously discouraged. Sidewalks near the arrival hall are supplied with yellow curbstones and crush barriers. Military police watches sharply that nobody stops for boarding a car.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 401310492400831/k2311a1013/10.13.08