Google Talk  » Software  »
  • Overall, Gmail is a great IM, and I highly recommend trying it out - it's the messenger of the future

• by Zuks

I’ve been an Gmailuser for the past 2 or so years - it was the third instant messenging program I signed up for (after ICQ and AIM), and I still use it. Everyone is hooked on Google right now, and their instant messenger does not disappoint.

Most impressive thing about it

is the fact that you don’t need a proxy to use it, so that if you have a firewall at work or school that is blocking all IM programs, Google Talk would still work - all you need to do is sign in to google and you can start using ...

• the messenger right away. It contains all the features any regular messenger has with an intuitive interface. It has plenty of smilies availble too - hard to go anywhere without them, right?

I’m not really sure how much they upgraded with their last version, and all I can say is that

their last version is stable, easy to install and to use. I rarely have any problems with the performance, its Google after all, and they know how to get stuff done.

Overall, Gmail is a great IM, and I highly recommend trying it out - it’s the messenger of the future.

Google Talk

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 301010492341031/k2311a1010/10.10.08