American Airlines  » Airlines  »
  • The plane is relatively big, but there are I think only 3 bathrooms total there - not nearly enough for 250 or so people on board

• by Zuks

I flew quite a bit in my lifetime, but somehow never actually flew American Airlines until recently, during our flight from Chicago to LAX and back. Overall, I have to say, I was pleased with American, although I wish they had more comfortable

planes, especially for such long flights.

First things first - we had no delays either way, and were on time with depaartures and arrivals. That’s a big plus. American does charge for bags and food (but everyone does it nowdays, so can’t really complain about that), so we had to try to fit everything in a bag that could be considered a carry on.

Now, to the negatives. We flew on MD-80. That’s a plane that recently crashed in Spain. While I was not worried about safety,

• American Airlines
      this plane is really old and not very comfortable. There are no monitors anywhere, so the flight entertainment is… well, non-existant. In fact, there is no radio either, and no headphones - your best option is to read a newspaper or magazine or
      stare at the window, if you have a window seat. The plane is relatively big, but there are I think only 3 bathrooms total there - not nearly enough for 250 or so people on board. Thus, there was almost always a line next to the bathrooms.

American Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 401010492281031/k2311a1010/10.10.08