Airmax Pillows  » Housewares  »
1.5
  • Firstly, on a practical note, the only pillow case that will fit properly is the one that comes with the pillow (unless you're into sewing then I guess its not so much of a problem)
  • Secondly, I prefer a pillow that I can really snuggle down into, and this one is just too small
  • The infomercial suggests that it contours to your head and neck giving ideal support, but I found it quite uncomfortable if you're restless

• by topties

I recently purchased two Airmax pillows after one-too-many bad nights sleep and stiff neck in the morning. I had already tried different pillows of all different price ranges, but nothing had really made the grade.

I saw an infomercial on the Airmax Pillow and decided to give them a try.

They sounded very similar in design to some travel pillows which had proven to be very comfortable. I was sorely disappointed. The first surprise was the size. They are almost half the size of a normal pillow, which immediately poses two problems. Firstly, on a practical note, the only pillow case that will fit properly is the one that comes with the pillow (unless you’re into sewing then I guess its not so much of a problem). Secondly, I prefer a pillow that I can really snuggle down into, and this one is just ...

• Airmax Pillows
      too small!!!

As far as a good night’s sleep goes, well that remains to be seen. I’ve only used it twice, but neither night was great. It certainly takes some getting used to. The infomercial suggests that it contours to your head and neck giving ideal support, but I

found it quite uncomfortable if you’re restless.

Perhaps the biggest problem of all is the hefty price tag. You pay just short of $140 including delivery, and this gets you another pillow for free. But even so, at that price, I want more pillow for my money!

xty says :

hi topties what`s the size of airmax pillow? how small is it? i was thinking of buying 1 for a good night sleep…

topties says :

Hi xty, the airmax is 51cm x 35cm.

Galega says :

Airmax Pillow is available in two sizes - 51 X 35 cm and 74 X 48 cm. Now, you should get the one which is most suitable for your kind of requirement.

ted bartlett says :

Do perservere with the pillow it takes a while to adjust to the size and feel but its worth it. It definately helps with my stiff neck and headaches in the morning.Probably the very reason for stiff neck is with bigger softer pillows you have licence to move around more thus causing the problem..with airmax this action is reduced a lot.

Ingeborg says :

Love this pillow a lot, right size (I’m used to smaller pillows) for me, I have a happy head, neck and shoulders (again)

cyndi says :

How does one properly wash the airmax pillow? I have an agitator in my washer. Thanks.

Jenn D says :

Definitely use a gentle setting to be safe. Use cold water and it’s best to throw other items in along with it to soften the ride a bit. If you want to play it even more safe, just wash it by hand. Again in cold water.

Galega says :

There isn’t any problem in washing pillow in a washer having agitator. Animax Pillows can be washed there easily. Put it into the machine add detergent and start washer. To get your pillows ultra white, add the following in addition to the detergent: 1 cup of powdered dishwasher detergent, the recommended amount of bleach, and a cup of borax.

Berzeger says :

Hi I am from the Czech Republic and a few days ago bought two Airmax pillows - one for me and one for my girlfriend. We used it only once so far but yet I must say we had a wonderful night The size of the pillow is perfect for us (we prefer smaller ones) and this morning was one of the few mornings when I woke up without neck-ache. I must say, however, that $ 140 is a weird price tag, as I bought mine for only $ 20 ($ 40 for both). Guess there are some regional differences.

Reported prices :
40.00 USD

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531010491770931/k2311a1010/10.10.08