Conair Massaging Neck Rest  » Health  »
2.5
  • I love massage, and basically working a lot and sporting a lot, I need massage
  • The best thing, of course, would be to get a masseuse or at least my boyfriend to do it for me, but the first would be too expensive to use their help on a daily basis and the second obviously cannot do it whenever I want it
  • It cost only 20 dollars, so I did not think long and bought it
  • It feels nice but unfortunately it brings no relaxation to tense muscles

• by Sana
      I love massage, and basically working a lot and sporting a lot, I need massage. The best thing, of course, would be to get a masseuse or at least my boyfriend to do it for me, but the first would be too expensive to use their help on a daily basis and the second obviously cannot do it whenever I want it :). For that matter I have bought myself a neck, foot and face massagers.

My first neck massager was Conair massaging neck Rest. Conair Massaging Neck Rest looked exactly what I needed - a sort of soft pillow which I can put

around my neck and relax in a chair in front of TV.

Sitting position suits me more than horizontal, besides the manufacturer promised that powerful massage action would soothe upper back and neck. It cost only 20 dollars, so I did not think long and bought it.

The massager works like this: you adjust it around your neck, turn it on (you can use either batteries or AC adapter), choose vibration intensity (low or high) using a control devise and enjoy massage and heat therapy. I am very comfortable having massager around my neck.

I read that some people have sort of ‘choking sensations’,

• but I guess it’s a matter of preferences - to me it just gives more support and warmth. A big minus here - the pillow it not very flexible and it’s impossible to get it as close to the neck muscles as I would like to.

I tried to use both with a battery and AC adapter. The battery did not last long and was not powerful enough for the massager.

The adapter works better, but I can not get out of a chair any more and go, for example, make a cup of tea. The effect of the massager is rather moderate.

It

doesn’t warm up to a desirable degree when neck muscles start to relax and feel soothing effect of vibration. It feels nice but unfortunately it brings no relaxation to tense muscles.

Besides, this device is pretty loud. I am not sure who it annoys more me or my family : ) Although I have bought a better neck massager, I still use this one from time to time when I am reading.

Moderate effect is better than nothing, and I don’t have to assume a lying position to get my massage. Advise: If you don’t have this massager - don’t buy it, look for something more effective.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34210449170330/k2311a0421/4.21.06