Oster Two Tier 6.1 Quart Food Steamer  » Housewares  »
  • I'm always in the market for anything that is going to prepare my food in a more convenient and healthier method
  • It's a proven fact that steaming is the best way to cook food in order to retain the most vitamins and nutrients
  • This Oster Two tier food steamer definitely foots the bill and we use it all the time

• by KeeperoftheChaos

About 6 months ago, I was given the Oster two tier 6.1 Quart food steamer as a gift. I’m always in the market for anything that is going to prepare my food in a more convenient and healthier method. This happens to fit the bill for both.

This is truly a perfectly designed cooking method. I can drop a couple of frozen chicken breasts in one section, fill the other side with a cup of rice, add the water and let it go. In just under an hour, I can add some veggies and in like another ten minutes, the entire meal is done to perfection, moist, tender and flavorful and more to the point, nutrient rich.

It’s a proven fact that steaming is the best way to cook food in order to retain the most vitamins and nutrients. Boiling, microwaving and even baking cause us

to loose much of the important healthy elements of the foods we eat.

This steamer is truly versatile because when you’re done, the steam chambers simply collapse and remove for easy clean up. A damp cloth to occasionally wipe down the unit itself and it stays clean and looking new whether you keep it in a cupboard or display it on your counter as I do.

Another wonderful element of this steamer is that it can be set to start and stop whenever you wish. I can set it to start cooking up to 12 hours in advance and when I’m done cooking, if we’re not quite ready to eat, I can simply put it on the “keep warm” setting and later serve it piping hot whenever we’re ready.

The steamer baskets can hold many different types of foods and even come with 8 egg holders for perfectly soft boiled ...

• or hard boiled eggs. It also comes with a manual that has several good recipes included. I ended up looking online though and got plenty of steaming recipes that I’ve used repeatedly with this unit.

I’ve cooked all sorts of foods in my steamer. No thawing is necessary. Toss in your frozen Chicken breasts and just allow a little extra time for thawing, but yes, you can steam them in frozen. I cook chicken, sirloin tips, pork chops, shellfish,corn on the cob, broccoli, asparagus, potatoes, rice, eggs and just about anything else you can think of. It not only cooks it fast, evenly but most importantly, it’s so full of flavor and always moist compared to other cooking methods.

The Oster two tier food steamer runs around $30.00 and it’s worth every penny. I was fortunate enough to receive mine as a gift, but I was already

planning to buy it myself. I’ve been very pleased. I’m not one to get into kitchen gadgets per se. They have to be something that I’m really going to use a lot in order to warrant the purchase and counter or cupboard space in my kitchen. This Oster Two tier food steamer definitely foots the bill and we use it all the time.

Some people think this steamer is too big unless you have a big family. I disagree. Much of the time, when I cook, although it’s only for me and my guy, we often like to cook extra at our meals so as to have some leftovers for lunch or chicken breast meat to use later in salad or some other recipe. I’ve never found this steamer to be too large for us. In fact, it always seems to hold exactly the amount I would cook anyway.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531010491500931/k2311a1010/10.10.08