Canon MP 520 Printer  » Electronics  »
  • To refill four ink cartidges, it is going to cost you about 100 dollars or more

• by Jenna Galley

Recently I purchased a Canon MP 520 Printer for my home business. I needed a computer that prints out photos, scan and copies documents, prints out paper quickly, doesn’t jam or break and is cheap on ink.

The Canon Mp 520 Printer does all that. It costs around 160 dollars and comes with four ink cartridges. The photos it takes are actually perfect quality. Even on non-photo paper they look pretty good.

This was my number one concern and if it’s yours, be rest assured that the quality is actually really good! You can also hook your camera up to it if you don’t want to upload all the photos onto your computer.

The printer scans and copies documents with ease. The printer also prints out documents at a fairly quickly rate. You can load the paper from the top or bottom as well ...

• which is very conveinant.

The problems start when the ink runs out. First off, I will admit, the ink lasted a long time. I printed out 400 or so pages of A4 paper and about 200 or so photos, which is pretty good. However, the printing cartidges are not refillable which is incredibly annoying because ink is expensive! To refill four ink cartidges, it is going to cost you about 100 dollars

or more.

Furthermore, I have had the printer for four months now and already it has jammed twice. Both times I couldn’t fix it myself so had to get it repaired (under warrantly luckily).

So, if you’re looking for a fairly cheap all-in-one photo/paper printer, then this is a good bet. However, if you’re planning on printing out a lot of photos, then perhaps go for a printer that allows you to refill the ink.

partha majumder says :

how much i take photo in 5inchx7inch in supirior quality with full 4tank?please tell me the number of photo.

Galega says :

Well, it also depends on resolution. But, in ideal circumstances, you should get around 240 images of this size. The number may vary slightly, depending on many factors.

Jenna replies :

I`d say at least 600 but am not too sure. I printed out over 500 pages of black and white, three photo albums full of pictures and several 8 x 10`s on a full 4 tank.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16910491050231/k2311a109/10.9.08