CVS Brand: Tangerine Mouthwash
1.0
  • The reason for this is because it is very light in the alcohol which got rid of the main problem that I had with the spearmint versions of their mouthwash and that was the fact that the alchol creates a burning in my mouth which hurt me if I were to keep it in for more than thirty seconds
  • However, I discovered that it sold for $7 and I decided to wait for a generic version to hit the market because it would be less expensive
  • About a year and a half later )in January) I noticed that a generic version was on the shelf at CVS and I was amazed that it finally came out
  • I looked at the alchol content and I believe it said 2% which was low so I thought that it would have that same gentle feeling that I got out of the original version of the mouthwash
  • The bottle says it did not have a lot of alcohol but it burned a lot so I know it did

• by rich

Two years ago when Scope came out with their tangerine mouthwash I was able to use it at a friends house and I loved it. The reason for this is because it is very light in the alcohol which got rid of the main problem that I had with the spearmint versions of their mouthwash and that was the fact that the alchol creates a burning in my mouth which hurt me if I were to keep it in for more than thirty seconds. This meant that I was not able to clean my mouth as I was supposed to be able to and that is the reason why anyone spends their money on mouth wash.

However, the tangerine version got rid of all these problems

and I loved the way it smelled also which is one of the reasons why I wanted to get it. However, I discovered that it sold for $7 and I decided to wait for a generic version to hit the market because it would be less expensive.

About a year and a half later )in January) I noticed that a generic version was on the shelf at CVS and I was amazed that it finally came out. I looked at the alchol content and I believe it said 2% which was low so I thought that it would have that same gentle feeling that I got out of the original version of the mouthwash.

I went ahead and paid $3. 50 for the large bottle of ...

• mouthwash and when I got it home and tried it out I was disappointed.

Remember how I said that the feeling of the burn caused by alcohol was a problem for me in the original Scope mint version. Well, this was the same feeling that I got out of this generic version of the tangerine version offered by CVS and this was a problem for me because of the fact that I only wanted this generic version based on my experience with the Scope version which was very gentle.

To me, that is what made ths tangerine version special which is why I wanted it but the generic version had so much alcohol in it that I still was unable to hold it in

my mouth for more than 20 seconds. This was a problem because it was painful when I held it in and if I did not hold it in then I would be using the mouthwash incorrectly.

This would mean that I would be leaving plaque in my mouth and down the line I would get cavities because my mouth was not clean. The bottle says it did not have a lot of alcohol but it burned a lot so I know it did.

Also, it did not have the same smell as the real version, it did not smell like oranges but like rubbing alcohol which is another aspect I did not enjoy. I ended up throwing it out because it left plaque in my mouth which caused me dental problems.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34910490700131/k2311a109/10.9.08