Masterlock 4689Q TSA Travel Lock  » Travel  »
1.0
  • This master lock pack is one which was suggested to be by a friend that I know who is employed by TSA because he has worked within the agency for about three years and he told me that this is a lock that he uses for his luggage
  • I listened to him because I figured that he knew what he was talking about and I have always had a good experience with Masterlock products
  • They are colored a bright sky blue which I thought would help because it would make my bag stand out which would make me safer and make my bag easier to find
  • I looked through my items and I noticed that my Ipod was missing and I was very mad

• by rich

This master lock pack is one which was suggested to be by a friend that I know who is employed by TSA because he has worked within the agency for about three years and he told me that this is a lock that he uses for his luggage. He has seen many bags get stolen and he suggested that I do not take a chance on any other locks because a lot of times cheaper locks are made of less expensive material and they are not actually made of steel. This means that your bag can be stolen because the material is soft and can be easily broken by anyone who wants something inside your bag.

I listened to him because I figured that he knew

what he was talking about and I have always had a good experience with Masterlock products. I spent $12 on a four pack of this small locks, they were about two inches in height and two inches across.

They are colored a bright sky blue which I thought would help because it would make my bag stand out which would make me safer and make my bag easier to find. Each of the locks comes with keys which I liked because the lock was supposed to be so thick that nobody could remove it.

I placed the four locks all around my bag to close any opening, the reason I did this is because it is not just TSA that will look through your bag.

• When you have a bag it is moving through an airport TSA is supposed to inspect your bag.

When you do not have a lock on your bag this means that anyone who is loading your bag into the plane should open your bag and take something out of your bag. This is the reason why I placed the locks on it and I was under the assumption that it is thick enough not to break but I soon found out that this was not true.

I had this bad two months and used it two times before the locks were broken off fully. The thing is when I placed them on the bag they were fine.

Now when I got the bag back it has

no locks on it at all and I got very worried and checked the inside of my bag. I looked through my items and I noticed that my Ipod was missing and I was very mad.

I reported it to Continential but they said that I would need to report it to TSA. So I did that and wrote out the whole situation, my bag was locked up and when it came out the locks were off and no Ipod.

However, I never got the Ipod back and they never took any action. I suspect that the TSA agent did not ut the lock back on correctly and that someone else took the Ipod.

However, his mistake resulted in a lost Ipod which means this lock did not protect me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38910490550131/k2311a109/10.9.08