Fisher Price Royal Throne Potty  » Baby care  »
2.0
  • The interesting thing about this potty is that it has a musical sensor that plays a tune if the sensor goes 'off' by the child using the potty to do their 'business
  • In theory, this was the best choice for us because of the reward factors
  • All in all, I am disappointed with the product

• by marleymauve
      We purchased this potty for our toddler in order to potty train him. The interesting thing about this potty is that it has a musical sensor that plays a tune if the sensor goes ‘off’ by the child using the potty to do their

‘business.

’ The sounds are supposed to be a type of reward to the child, (If they go ‘potty’ they hear music’) The kit also comes with a diploma and crown stickers to use each time the child is successful.

In theory, this was the best choice for us because of the reward factors.

When we bought it, though, I didn’t realize that it didn’t have a lid.

Most potties come with a lid to close them so the child can also use it as a stool for brushing ...

• Fisher Price Royal Throne Potty
      teeth, etc.

I also didn’t realize how sensitive the music sensor was.

In the middle of the night, walking by it in the dark will set off the sensor which can be startling.

Our child often just sits on it and hears the little

tune without doing anything which defeats the purpose of paying the extra money to have it be a musical device.

We paid $34.

99 for this which is a bit steep.

All in all, I am disappointed with the product.

It does have a great idea in theory but in practice, really doesn’t do its advertisement justice.

Jennifer says :

I have the Royal Throne potty however, it did not come with the guard for the little boys I was wondering where I would be able to get one or do I have to return the potty and get another one. I would like to start training my son soon but without the guard I think it may be messy. Please advise. Thank you for your help.

Marg says :

If you just purchased it I would suggest that you contact Fisher Price because they will send you another part. I’ve had missing parts with fisher price items, and they typically replace them without issue. FYI, this is their contact info:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54210449051130/k2311a0421/4.21.06