MacGregor Orthopedic Royale Bed  » Health  »
  • As my husband has a bad knee, and I have digestive problems we decided an Orthopedic bed was the best way to go
  • We priced many beds at about six different stores, and found that a decent Orthopedic bed was going to cost us at least $500CDN plus tax
  • I thought this was a wonderful thing all the way around, as all of Salvation Army's store profits go to their social programs

• by Melissa Glenn
      Last month my husband and I broke down and bought a new bed. Our old Queen size bed was getting lumpy and uncomfortable to sleep in. As my husband has a bad knee, and I have digestive problems we decided an Orthopedic bed was the best way to go.

We priced many beds at about six different stores, and found that a decent Orthopedic bed was going to cost us at least $500CDN plus tax. Discouraged, we happenned on a

friend who told us the Salvation Army Thrift Stores sell new Orthopedic beds.

We went to the Salvation Army Thrift Store on Wyse Road, and were able to find a Double Orthopedic Mattress and Boxframe for only $352CDN tax included. I was thrilled.

The Clerk told us the raised zig zag coils would ensure that we had a good nights’s sleep. I knew from how comfortable this mattress felt under my hand that she was right.

I asked her how ...

• they could sell them so cheaply and was told that MacGregor Sleep Products based out of Moncton, NB manufacture both a regular and Orthopedic bed just for the Salvation Army. (MacGregor sell other beds to other companies).

I thought this was a wonderful thing all the way around, as all of Salvation Army’s store profits go to their social programs. A month of having this bed I can tell you I have had no sleepless nights, and even my husband’s

knee doesn’t ache in the morning from sleeping on this.

I do wish the bed was a little longer though. Our old Queen size bed was huge and this bed is only 74 inches long.

My husband is 6ft so if he was two inches taller his feet would hang off the bed! But I guess you get what you pay for and this bed gives me the best nights sleep I have ever had, and the ten year warranty is an added bonus.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34200448990330/k2311a0420/4.20.06