LA Weight Loss Commercials  » Health  »
2.5
Nova Scotia Canada
  • I never did go to LA Weight Loss, after it was a negative experience

• by Melissa Glenn
      In January 2006, Halifax and Dartmouth in fact the whole of Nova Scotia became bombarded with LA Weight Loss Commercials. These uplifting commercials featured happy slim Americans all testifying to the powers of the LA Weight Loss Program. These spokes ladies even told of their weight loss in pounds (which is how we do it in Canada) instead of kilograms so I knew these strategically planned commercials had been done for Canada’s benefit.

I was sporting a few extra pounds after Christmas, so one night I wrote down the toll free number. I couldn’t even get through

to leave a message on the telephone.

All I got was a constant busy signal. A night or two later I saw a different LA Weight Loss commercial with a different toll free number.

I called this one and got a recording telling me to leave my name, phone number and zip code. Zip code? Here in Canada we use postal codes, and I wondered at the telephone recording.

I waited two days for someone to call me; no-one did so I tried this number again and repeated the whole process. Still no-one called me.

By February ...

• a different LA Weight Loss Commercial aired. Different Americans in it, and a different toll free number.

I called this one, again I was asked for my name, phone number and zip code. Beyond frustrated, I dialed our local directory assistance, and was given three local numbers for the three new LA Weight Loss Centres that I already knew to be in Halifax, Dartmouth and Bedford.

I called the Dartmouth location, a good 25 minute drive from my house and told them about the difficulty in contacting them. This ladie told me these commercials were done with

the wrong toll free numbers, as those numbers only work in the USA!

I never did go to LA Weight Loss, after it was a negative experience.

And now in April 2006 Nova Scotia is still airing the same commercials with the same US toll free numbers! It blows my mind. Unless you specifically drove by one of these centres (I don’t have a car) how would anyone here ever contact them?

Lousy planning.

Could be a great weight loss service, but I’ve spent too much time on these people already to visit their Office. I chose a closer telephone number friendly place instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34200448980230/k2311a0420/4.20.06