Valley Furniture Warehouse
0.5
9227 Coors Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114
  • I found a bedroom set that I absolutely loved, so I purchased it, along with a new comforter set to go with it and a mattress set
  • I love my bedroom set, but I'm sure there are plenty of other places I could have gotten a perfect set had I known how this business operates

• by Kathy Montano

AOL Messenger (required to be logged into AIM)

I set off to shop for a bedroom set on Labor Day weekend at Valley Furniture Warehouse. They were having a “half off” advertised special. Well, that is what they claimed and I had no reason to believe otherwise. I found a bedroom set that I absolutely loved, so I purchased it, along with a new comforter set to go with it and a mattress set. The total of my bill was just under $6000.00. To make a long story short, these are the things that went wrong with that purchase:

1) I received the wrong mattress, and they stated they would order me the correct one and

deliver it when it arrived. (they were not able to get the correct one)

2) They delivered the display package of my comforter set, claiming they only sell the floor items. I picked up a new one when I made my purchased. I was told by the manager that there were no new one’s available, nor had there been any.

3) The delivery men knocked down a curio shelf and broke every single piece on it. The manager stated that they are not responsible for the broken items, that I would need to file a claim with my home insurance policy.

4) The bedroom set has marble tops on the ...

• dresser, end tables and bed posts. One of the nightstands had the entire front of the marble broken off and then the piece was glued back on haphazardly so it really looks tacky, there was a several inch chunk taken out of the foot board that they tried to cover up with black paint, (the furniture set is medium brown) and the marble is also broken on the dresser’s one side. Fortunately that piece has not fallen off yet, so whenever it does, I can glue it back on aligned to the attached piece.

When I went to the store to discuss all of these complaints with the

manager, he was the one that told me to call my insurance company, that they don’t sell new items, everything that is sold is the floor model, and I was kicked out and banned from every stepping foot in his store again.

Do yourself a favor. Don’t ever shop there if you want what you pay for. You won’t get it, and you will get weeks of aggravation. I love my bedroom set, but I’m sure there are plenty of other places I could have gotten a perfect set had I known how this business operates!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 57910489481131/k2311a109/10.9.08