Eagle Eye movie
  • I have enjoyed watching LaBeouf's career mature as he began to play more serious roles
  • LaBeouf's role in Eagle Eye is definitely his most serious role yet
  • However, the use of cell phones as the terrorist's means of communication is an interesting twist
  • However, if you are a die-hard Shia LaBeouf fan, then you might want to consider giving this film a chance

• by Mark Jacobs

Ever since the good old “Even Stevens” days, I have been a Shia LaBeouf fan. His sarcastic, wise-guy attitude and his ability to pull off “dumb” dialog makes him a very appealing actor. I have enjoyed watching LaBeouf’s career mature as he began to play more serious roles.

First came “Holes,” then “Disturbia,” “Transformers,” “Indian Jones,” and now “Eagle Eye. ” LaBeouf’s

role in “Eagle Eye” is definitely his most serious role yet.

His character is somewhat depressed and he manages to pull off some very emotional scenes. “Eagle Eye” itself however, is more of a science fiction thriller that reminds me very much of “I, Robot” and “Live Free or Die Hard.

” For this reason, I have to say that the overall ...

• plot is not very original: America is put in danger by some terrorist. However, the use of cell phones as the terrorist’s means of communication is an interesting twist.

I got what I expected upon viewing “Eagle Eye. ” It is a smart, action-packed, violent, and exciting thriller that will have you eating your fingernails.

I especially liked that “Eagle Eye” is

not exhausting to watch. There are some “down-time” scenes that focus more on the relationships between the characters rather than their quest for survival.

“Eagle Eye” did not stand out for me. I feel safe saying that it is “standard” at best for its genre.

However, if you are a die-hard Shia LaBeouf fan, then you might want to consider giving this film a chance.

Eagle Eye movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11910489461131/k2311a109/10.9.08